November 26, 201411 yr Social media. People are no longer afraid to keep their mouth shut about how they really feel. It's eye opening to see how just how people really feel and now you can find out how your co-worker really feels. It's awful these days. When a news site publishes a story the comments are depressing. I have no hope. The hate from both sides is just so out in the open now. I agree with a lot you say but I don't know just how bad it is because I don't do social media like twitter or Facebook. I think a lot has to do with how protest like these are handled and done. I think it's shameful the cops allowed the protester to steal and burn buildings and even burn a police car. I feel like why are they appeasing them when an adult kid acted that way and brought on his on death. The Brown adult kid robs and defies police and then tries to attack and take his gun. Let alone the step dad telling the crowd to burn the town down. I also feel as much as Obama has opened his mouth on race it has made it a lot worse, the President shouldn't choose sides as he does. But I wish everyone would get along but it's never going to happen.
November 26, 201411 yr And if you infringe on others rights you get arrested. Irritating people is no way to create unity. Any movement that by design angers a majority of the population has no chance of success. Arrest is a definite part of the equation. MLK Jr will disagree with your last statement.
November 27, 201411 yr Arrest is a definite part of the equation. MLK Jr will disagree with your last statement. Hyperbole at its finest.
November 27, 201411 yr Wow, quite the thread: (1) People driving down the highway are not to be compared with looters. Looters are one of life's lowest forms. Totally disgusting. (2) If someone is on the road in front of you AND you can stop to avoid them, you MUST even if they have no business being there. (3) The people in the road should be arrested (and I think they have been). (4) If the people begin threatening a motorist, the motorist has every right to defend himself including running someone over to get away. (5) The Constitution is one of the greatest documents in the history of the world...not a piece of crap.
November 27, 201411 yr Stepdad should be sued by those business owners who lost their businesses or had damage done. All reports say violence got much worse after he stood on the car and yelled some expletives.
November 27, 201411 yr Author Let's just be honest outside of Ferguson most of these protestors were the same people as the Occupy Wallstreet protest. A bunch of white privileged kids who have no clue or responsibility in life. No clear or coherent message. It's disrupt for the sake of disrupting. There are constructive ways to protest. I've been to protests in my lifetime. This was a mob with one goal of disrupting people's lives. The second you block traffic without a permit you should go to jail. I think I posted this since last night, I know I sent it in pvt to a few people last night. Occupy started out as a very good thing, the roots were the same as the Tea Party, but after a day or two, things got weird. What started as an outcry against Wall Street's involvement in the financial collapse and nothing happened to many involved, when they broke laws. As well as their influence and other money sent to DC for "favors". It was no longer about that, they went crazy with all the demands and started including anything and everything. Such as gay rights, which I agree with, BUT it had nothing to do with the original cause. In Cincy, one person who became one of the leaders of this so-called leaderless movement, he was able to convince everyone in Cincy to include homeless issues (houseless as he calls it). And he for them to go against 3CDC. There were several people that I know of who worked downtown in those big office buildings who were for the original cause, but they now couldn't join in as their employer is a part of 3CDC. So you lockout 1000's of people who are within blocks who may have joined your cause. Then three years ago this week, they protest the at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Fountain Square, many people in Occupy strongly disagreed, but others did it anyway. Then late Thanksgiving night they go to several stores for Black Friday and disrupt things. THEN the next week they want to protest Western Southern who wanted to move the woman's shelter. So, instead of protesting at that office bundling downtown, they brilliantly decide to protest the nativity scene at the Conservatory, as Western Southern sponsors it. Many members, that were left, strongly disagreed, but about 15 still went with it, and this was the death event of the local group. About 25 of them didn't care what they did or who they insulted. When you have a cause, you reach for the hearts of people, you don't yell at them, curse at them and their little kids, and you don't cause a huge scene and disturb people. That will very quickly get everyone against you and your cause. As I mentored last night after I got home, look on Facebook for Awakened Cincinnatians. They are what remains of Occupy Cincinnati. They were the ones who were left after almost all others left the group after seeing the extreme of this core. Many of them have no others friends outside of this group, it's their only social circle. They are against anything and everything, they simply think that anything anyone does, the government, or others who disagree with them, they think that everyone is out to get them and that it's all a conspiracy. They are very big on conspiracies. You are correct, almost all of the people last night in Cincy are from this new occupy group, and they are hurting the people who are actually upset and want to peacefully protest. Many of the peaceful protesters were upset at the plan to shut down I-75, in fact, it was the peaceful protesters who informed then police of the plan to march to I-75 and shut it down. They needed to be stopped at the ramp to I-75, plain and simple! You may have seen a person last night on TV who was with the group. About 30 yrs old, claiming that many people were laid to come to town and cause trouble to make them look bad. When on fact all of those aerated last night, were from this area! That person who claimed that the trouble makers were planted is the head of the Cincinnati Homeless Collation, the same one who hijacked the Cincy occupy three years ago. You are correct, most of these people are young and white and not from the city. The city of Cincy has 300,000 people, of which about 135,000 are black. Now take the entire Cincy area of about 2 million, even if you cut the % of black people in half of the city numbers, you will still have 500,000 black people in the area. Why were there so few black people protesting? Possibly they didn't see this as a race issue? The 400 + properties may seem like a large event. But when you figured in 2 million people in the area, just one % is 20,000 people. 400 people is about .2%, NOT a very large number. Putting into their words about 99%. 99.8% do not agree with this local group!
November 27, 201411 yr Hyperbole at its finest. What? You claim you can't get anything accomplished by making people mad. I point out the obvious example.
November 27, 201411 yr Author At the end I meant 400 + protesters. Thank you Bballfan for the tutoring
November 27, 201411 yr Clyde, so your response to the motorists that were infringed upon by these idiots is simply, "Sorry about your luck"?
November 27, 201411 yr Clyde' date=' so your response to the motorists that were infringed upon by these idiots is simply, "Sorry about your luck"?[/quote'] Essentially. What is the other option as a driver who is stuck?
November 27, 201411 yr Wow, quite the thread: (1) People driving down the highway are not to be compared with looters. Looters are one of life's lowest forms. Totally disgusting. (2) If someone is on the road in front of you AND you can stop to avoid them, you MUST even if they have no business being there. (3) The people in the road should be arrested (and I think they have been). (4) If the people begin threatening a motorist, the motorist has every right to defend himself including running someone over to get away. (5) The Constitution is one of the greatest documents in the history of the world...not a piece of crap. 1.) Noone is comparing people driving down the highway with looters. I am saying people who say they will or advocate running over protestors on the highway have the same mindset as a looter. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Yes, comparing people driving down the highway with looters is totally disgusting. I agree. :lol2: 2.) That's all I was saying. 3.) Agreed once it was established it was against the law. I even told UKMF to call 911 when it happens to him. 4.) Agree. 5.) Disagree.
November 27, 201411 yr Essentially. What is the other option as a driver who is stuck? I guess it depends. If they are just chanting and touching the car and I'm not in a major hurry I would sit there and mumble under my breath and do nothing. It they are banging on my car or I feel threatened I would inch forward using the brake until I felt I was safe. I would also probably take pictures of everyone blocking traffic and forward them to the local police department.
November 27, 201411 yr I guess it depends. If they are just chanting and touching the car and I'm not in a major hurry I would sit there and mumble under my breath and do nothing. It they are banging on my car or I feel threatened I would inch forward using the brake until I felt I was safe. I would also probably take pictures of everyone blocking traffic and forward them to the local police department. I think you covered it. No other options.
November 27, 201411 yr 1.) Noone is comparing people driving down the highway with looters. I am saying people who say they will or advocate running over protestors on the highway have the same mindset as a looter. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Yes, comparing people driving down the highway with looters is totally disgusting. I agree. :lol2: 2.) That's all I was saying. 3.) Agreed once it was established it was against the law. I even told UKMF to call 911 when it happens to him. 4.) Agree. 5.) Disagree. I see where I missed your point on (1). I will blame it on reading this thread at warp speed catching up. On (5), we will just agree to disagree...
November 27, 201411 yr I see where I missed your point on (1). I will blame it on reading this thread at warp speed catching up. On (5), we will just agree to disagree... Good deal. I knew I liked you a lot. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.