Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protesters shutting down 1-75 in Cincy

Featured Replies

This is why I say the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. When people exercise their first amendment rights to assemble peaceably you want to run them over with your cars and you hope that someone would run them over yet you talk crap on the looters? That's so backwards.

I've read this entire thread and I just don't understand what you mean when you say the constitution is a piece of crap.

 

Peoe do have a right for a peaceful assembly. They also usually get a permission and are told where they can assemble

and protest before hand. Haven't you ever heard of any organized assemblies befor where they get permission from local govt where they may gather etc? That is because they are bit out in danger and putting others in danger as well.

 

Protesting across an an interstate is neither safe nor smart. It not only puts their own lives in danger but those not even involved in the protest also in danger.

 

Are re you trying to tell us the protesters can't get accomished the same thing from the side of the road? Please exam that to me. You do realize I hope that just because you want to protest doesn't give you the right to do it wherever you want. You think protesters can jump

the fence of the White House and not be stopped? How about across a runway at CVG?

 

there are protest and then there are Stupid ways to protest and the idiots who choose to walk across an Interstate to block it are stupid. If they get run over by someone I won't lose sleep over their stupidity. In the end ease, again I ask, how did the protesters get anything accomplished that they couldn't have by standing in the side of the road?

  • Replies 212
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said "it's not a piece of crap". But thanks for attempting to add words to what I said.

 

 

My fault. Accidental oversight on my part. I see "piece of crap" and outdated immediately pops into my head. My bad.

I think most people would understand that even the best written and most up to date constitution will rely upon some common sense for interpretation, it cannot list every single exception. Even the writers of the constitution over 200 years would agree arresting protesters who are endangering drivers is not violating their rights, it is common sense.

 

 

If the constitution was re-written today it would entirely different from what was written over 200 years ago by protestant white people who probably owned slaves.

I've read this entire thread and I just don't understand what you mean when you say the constitution is a piece of crap.

 

Peoe do have a right for a peaceful assembly. They also usually get a permission and are told where they can assemble

and protest before hand. Haven't you ever heard of any organized assemblies befor where they get permission from local govt where they may gather etc? That is because they are bit out in danger and putting others in danger as well.

 

Protesting across an an interstate is neither safe nor smart. It not only puts their own lives in danger but those not even involved in the protest also in danger.

 

Are re you trying to tell us the protesters can't get accomished the same thing from the side of the road? Please exam that to me. You do realize I hope that just because you want to protest doesn't give you the right to do it wherever you want. You think protesters can jump

the fence of the White House and not be stopped? How about across a runway at CVG?

 

there are protest and then there are Stupid ways to protest and the idiots who choose to walk across an Interstate to block it are stupid. If they get run over by someone I won't lose sleep over their stupidity. In the end ease, again I ask, how did the protesters get anything accomplished that they couldn't have by standing in the side of the road?

 

I mean the constitution is an outdated piece of crap written by protestant white men who probably owned slaves. To me, in my most honest opinion, the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. I don't know how I can be any more clear.

I mean the constitution is an outdated piece of crap written by protestant white men who probably owned slaves. To me, in my most honest opinion, the constitution is an outdated piece of crap. I don't know how I can be any more clear.

That could be and I appreciate your point of

view. My question is in reference to the part about able to assemble etc. You make it sound as if it doesn't matter where protestors assemble when in my opinion it does.

So they don't move out of the way for you. Now what?

 

Not sure, I know it'd involve a lot of colorful language and most likely a call to the cops though.

 

Boggles my mind that you guys think it's okay for them to infringe on others rights while breaking the law and motorists should just sit back and take it. Absolutely mind-boggling.

That could be and I appreciate your point of

view. My question is in reference to the part about able to assemble etc. You make it sound as if it doesn't matter where protestors assemble when in my opinion it does.

 

It matters. Just pointing out how the constitution can be interpreted in so many different ways.

Not sure, I know it'd involve a lot of colorful language and most likely a call to the cops though.

 

Boggles my mind that you guys think it's okay for them to infringe on others rights while breaking the law and motorists should just sit back and take it. Absolutely mind-boggling.

 

Call the cops. 911.

Oh, so protestors can block traffic downtown but not on the interstate? Says who? You? The first amendment says I have a right to peaceably assemble. It doesn't specify where.

 

Where are my consitution chest thumpers to back me up on this one?

 

You have a right to freely assemble as long as it does not infringe on others rights. Also most cities have laws and permits that are needed.

  • Author
Not sure, I know it'd involve a lot of colorful language and most likely a call to the cops though.

 

Boggles my mind that you guys think it's okay for them to infringe on others rights while breaking the law and motorists should just sit back and take it. Absolutely mind-boggling.

 

I agree with you! At that moment you at thinking "what's next ?" Your first thought would be your safety, and if others are in your vehicle, especially if it's your family, you're thinking of their safety! Nothing else matters at that losing of time, you do not know their intentions and it's obvious they don't care about the laws.

 

If you call 911, and wait, you may be putting you and your family in great danger.

I don't think there will be a race war will happen in my lifetime. At least not a violent one in my lifetime but I could definitely see one happening at some point in the future. We're getting closer and closer to the point of people having to pick a side and then cutting off communication with the other side.

 

The future of our country is screwed for sure. No doubt about that.

 

What is the reason you think behind the way race relations have deteriorated in the past few yrs.

What is the reason you think behind the way race relations have deteriorated in the past few yrs.

 

Social media. People are no longer afraid to keep their mouth shut about how they really feel. It's eye opening to see how just how people really feel and now you can find out how your co-worker really feels. It's awful these days. When a news site publishes a story the comments are depressing. I have no hope. The hate from both sides is just so out in the open now.

Let's just be honest outside of Ferguson most of these protestors were the same people as the Occupy Wallstreet protest. A bunch of white privileged kids who have no clue or responsibility in life. No clear or coherent message. It's disrupt for the sake of disrupting.

 

There are constructive ways to protest. I've been to protests in my lifetime. This was a mob with one goal of disrupting people's lives.

 

The second you block traffic without a permit you should go to jail.

Not sure, I know it'd involve a lot of colorful language and most likely a call to the cops though.

 

Boggles my mind that you guys think it's okay for them to infringe on others rights while breaking the law and motorists should just sit back and take it. Absolutely mind-boggling.

 

I never said it was "okay." However, I get it that they wanted attention and that's a good way to get it.

 

Greensboro lunch counter patrons probably said the same thing. Protestors go where their cause will gain attention.

I never said it was "okay." However, I get it that they wanted attention and that's a good way to get it.

 

Greensboro lunch counter patrons probably said the same thing. Protestors go where their cause will gain attention.

 

And if you infringe on others rights you get arrested. Irritating people is no way to create unity. Any movement that by design angers a majority of the population has no chance of success.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.