Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Protesters shutting down 1-75 in Cincy

Featured Replies

Blocking an interstate most certainly poses a safety issue. Your rights end there.

  • Replies 212
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't they breaking federal laws as well by interfering with interstate commerce???

 

Not according to the constitution.

Blocking an interstate most certainly poses a safety issue. Your rights end there.

 

 

What if they put up signs like construction workers? Protest at 1500 feet. Be prepared to stop.

 

That ought to get it.

What if they put up signs like construction workers? Protest at 1500 feet. Be prepared to stop.

 

That ought to get it.

 

That would work, that didn't happen.

Did that happen at EVERY place that traffic was blocked on the interstate? It happened in more than one place. Once that happens it is no longer a peaceful protest. I've only seen comments here on BGP saying they are stupid for being on the interstate...run them over.....blah blah. How is that midset any different from the looters? That's the point I am making.

 

Peaceful protests are good.

 

Although, I still think it's against the law to be outside a vehicle on the highway. Unless, of course, you have a jacked up vehicle.

All about perception and perspective. Seems peaceful to me. Especially when it is known beforehand. First amendment says I can peacefully protest. Doesn't say where.

 

It's illegal. If it's illegal, it's not peaceful.

It's illegal. If it's illegal, it's not peaceful.

 

 

So because it's illegal it's okay to have the mindset to plow them over but condemn the looters at the same time?

So because it's illegal it's okay to have the mindset to plow them over but condemn the looters at the same time?

 

I don't think it's okay to plow them over but I also think if they do get plowed over, it's their fault and the driver should not face any criminal charges.

  • Author
I don't think it's okay to plow them over but I also think if they do get plowed over' date=' it's their fault and the driver should not face any criminal charges.[/quote']

Agreed! It's very dangerous and goes beyond a peaceful protest. In a protest your goal should be to win the hearts of others, you won't do that by shutting an interstate down, you will quickly get people against you.

 

Very dangerous and very stupid. And from what I am hearing the guy in Minneapolis who ran over a protester isn't going to be charged.

 

I agree, if I fear for my life, or those in my car, and my car is surrounded, my gas pedal is going to the floor.

So because it's illegal it's okay to have the mindset to plow them over but condemn the looters at the same time?

 

So you're saying if I'm driving down the interstate and these idiots are all over the road, I should just say "well, guess I'll just have to sit here while a bunch of morons prance up and down the expressway." Sorry, isn't happening. I'm driving, and if they don't get out of my way, oh well.

So you're saying if I'm driving down the interstate and these idiots are all over the road, I should just say "well, guess I'll just have to sit here while a bunch of morons prance up and down the expressway." Sorry, isn't happening. I'm driving, and if they don't get out of my way, oh well.

 

Then don't whine about the looters. Same mindset.

Agreed! It's very dangerous and goes beyond a peaceful protest. In a protest your goal should be to win the hearts of others, you won't do that by shutting an interstate down, you will quickly get people against you.

 

Very dangerous and very stupid. And from what I am hearing the guy in Minneapolis who ran over a protester isn't going to be charged.

 

I agree, if I fear for my life, or those in my car, and my car is surrounded, my gas pedal is going to the floor.

 

Yeah because the peaceful protests going on across the nation are winning the hearts of others. :lol2: :lol2:

I don't think it's okay to plow them over but I also think if they do get plowed over, it's their fault and the driver should not face any criminal charges.

 

Okay. Looter mindset. I gotcha.

Always stupid to block a road. Someone gets impatient and starts to inch forward slowly giving people a chance to move out of the way. The protestors get angry and start to pound on or rock the car. The driver then fears for his own safety and floors it and protestors get hurt or killed. Just not a situation anyone should want. Protests don't need to block traffic and as mentioned, will have more of a chance for people to view their position favorably.

  • Author
Yeah because the peaceful protests going on across the nation are winning the hearts of others. :lol2: :lol2:

You will NEVER have anyone understand your cause if you become violent and or interrupt their business, you will only cause them to go against you. Then you get more and more people demanding that the lawlessness stops

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.