Former Harrison Co. Thorobred Ruled Eligible at Scott County

Breds Fan

On Monday, Oct. 20th, the KHSAA ruled DJ Jenkins eligible for the Scott Co. Cardinals. DJ's father currently rents from Harrison Co. Thorobred basketball coaches father in Cynthiana. KHSAA called Coach Kendall's father to verify that the Jenkins family still rented in Harrison Co. or if they'd moved to Georgetown? KHSAA receives information that rent was paid for the month of October and they STILL ruled kid eligible. Therefore, let it be known to ever player in the state of Kentucky, you can now be a free agent!! Live in another county and not play for your hometown team. KHSAA serves no purpose in my estimation.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday, Oct. 20th, the KHSAA ruled DJ Jenkins eligible for the Scott Co. Cardinals. DJ's father currently rents from Harrison Co. Thorobred basketball coaches father in Cynthiana. KHSAA called Coach Kendall's father to verify that the Jenkins family still rented in Harrison Co. or if they'd moved to Georgetown? KHSAA receives information that rent was paid for the month of October and they STILL ruled kid eligible. Therefore, let it be known to ever player in the state of Kentucky, you can now be a free agent!! Live in another county and not play for your hometown team. KHSAA serves no purpose in my estimation.

You can't rent anything anywhere at anytime.

The KHSAA is a model of consistency. You can trust them to do the right thing. They don't care how big or small the school is or what the stakes are.

My understanding is that he moved to Mercer and his mother signed over custody of him to a family there. Quite an upgrade in environment. Best thing for the kid. Again' date=' I don't know the whole story.[/quote']

Can't be ruled eligible in that case unless some key details are missing.

Where is Jenkins from originally? No issues with the father renting from Harrison's coaches father to begin with? That is not passing my sniff test. Did Harrison just lose one or their own or one that may not have been theirs to begin with?

Just asking the question, not sure or where he is from. Always grey areas with single parents that don't live in the same town.