Former Harrison Co. Thorobred Ruled Eligible at Scott County

Breds Fan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is fun.:popcorn:
Just wait until the Toyota expansion is complete. Think of how many more players they'll get! They may as well start building a larger trophy room, as I see many many many more state titles to go along with the unheard of amount they won in the 30 years since Toyota opened there!

Well my thoughts are simple. I truly believe that selling tickets are a huge motivator for Julian Tackett. Rumor is he pulled all of the State Tournament officials after the the 1st round games at the 2013 Sweet Sixteen and exclaimed he'd better not see another traveling call, charge called, fouled called (unless blatantly obvious), or certain player control fouls because "that's what people don't want to see, people buy tickets to see scoring and fast play, not to see the game held up by officials!" If this is the case, looks like rulings would be useless.........

As for Jenkins...... He never learned a lesson in integrity. Harrison County dedicated years to his development and he walked out and turned his back on that community. Sure he is a kid, but is this the type of person we want representing our workforce when we need them?

I am taking into consideration some underlying factors that are none of our business here, maybe HCHS was lacking something academically or maybe HCHS was lacking some leadership, either way....... we made it ok for this to be a reoccurring topic. I wish the best for the young man, but he's left quite an impression. 1 year at Scott County??? This is the year he could've taken HCHS back to the state tourney, Scott County will not advance.

Mighty Henry Clay!!!

This may be the most absurd post in BGP history. That is saying a LOT!

On Monday, Oct. 20th, the KHSAA ruled DJ Jenkins eligible for the Scott Co. Cardinals. DJ's father currently rents from Harrison Co. Thorobred basketball coaches father in Cynthiana. KHSAA called Coach Kendall's father to verify that the Jenkins family still rented in Harrison Co. or if they'd moved to Georgetown? KHSAA receives information that rent was paid for the month of October and they STILL ruled kid eligible. Therefore, let it be known to ever player in the state of Kentucky, you can now be a free agent!! Live in another county and not play for your hometown team. KHSAA serves no purpose in my estimation.

Is the bold in itself not odd? There has to be more to this story. I find it odd that the star basketball player lives in the basketball coaches father's rental property.

Is the bold in itself not odd? There has to be more to this story. I find it odd that the star basketball player lives in the basketball coaches father's rental property.

I said the same thing in post 14.

Just wait until the Toyota expansion is complete. Think of how many more players they'll get! They may as well start building a larger trophy room, as I see many many many more state titles to go along with the unheard of amount they won in the 30 years since Toyota opened there!

But soon there will be 2 Scott County HSs so there will be some dilution.

But soon there will be 2 Scott County HSs so there will be some dilution.

Just more rumors when they do, instead of people complaining about 1 Scott Co school, now there would be 2.

I really hope that the KHSAA puts the 2 Scott Co schools in different regions. I REALLY want to hear and read all if the complaints then if both schools are successful in basketball lol!

Just more rumors when they do, instead of people complaining about 1 Scott Co school, now there would be 2.

I really hope that the KHSAA puts the 2 Scott Co schools in different regions. I REALLY want to hear and read all if the complaints then if both schools are successful in basketball lol!

They will probably still have solid basketball teams.

Football-wise - it will definitely hurt. I am glad McKee got his championship and good run before that happens.

I would love to see Scott Co get a power forward and a 7 foot Japanese transfers, imagine how many heads will explode throughout the state, lol! IF that would ever happen, then and only then will I even think of that nasty "R" word. But I would still have fun watching and listening to the complains lol.

• 1 month later...