Email to Highlands from Columbus (Fla.) head coach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! This kind of blows me away. I respect Highlands alot more now. It's easy to "be nice" when you win, but it really shows your character when you don't win and show more class than what's expected. Really, really nice job.

And for a Coach in a state 1,000 miles from here to take time to send that.... still can't get over it... I'm still having Blackman relapses...:ohbrother:

I will add this. They were a big part of the festivities before the game where the class of 1983 was holding their annual scholarship fundraiser. They were more than generous and could not have been a nicer group of people. They were in awe of Carter New and wanted to know if he was some sort of recording artist that was brought in for the occasion.

The kids that I talked to had nothing but respect for the CC players, coaches and parents as evidenced by the numerous pictures that were taken on the field after the game as keepsakes of their trip to the Bluegrass state.

Nice to hear and nice of the coach to take the time to send the email.

They must not have seen me mooning their bus on their way home. :D

And I over shot the entire dozen eggs I had prepared for them!!

:thumb: Good thing you and I are here to show all these HHS non sore losers how it's done.

I know...and the egg that hit your bare butt....Um...no idea where it came from! We should coordinate better next time and be on the same side of the bus for safety reasons!

While at the game, I told my buddy that I really liked the way the CC coach acted on the sideline. Totally in control of his team, in player's faces when needed but not in a demonstrative "look at me" way. After the game I actually wanted to see the handshake of the two teams...the coaches actually spent a little talking with each other and generally seemed to respect each other.

If this coach ever decides to come back to the Midwest, there should be a whole lot of teams trying to get him as their coach!

Total class all around...boy is this thread more fun than wondering about a coach's future because his team has lost a few games...

I know...and the egg that hit your bare butt....Um...no idea where it came from! We should coordinate better next time and be on the same side of the bus for safety reasons!

Ok, good thing I wasn't drinking diet coke when I read that, would have spewed all over!

Very proud of the Bluebirds. I know some of the other programs are going "ahhh Puke, more Bluebird talk". But I agree with one of the other posters that any of the other schools in NKY would have done the same thing in my opinion. We do have the pleasure of being in a great area.

While at the game, I told my buddy that I really liked the way the CC coach acted on the sideline. Totally in control of his team, in player's faces when needed but not in a demonstrative "look at me" way. After the game I actually wanted to see the handshake of the two teams...the coaches actually spent a little talking with each other and generally seemed to respect each other.

If this coach ever decides to come back to the Midwest, there should be a whole lot of teams trying to get him as their coach!

Total class all around...boy is this thread more fun than wondering about a coach's future because his team has lost a few games...

We were saying the exact same thing during the game. Classy group from CC.

On a side note, I would like us to adopt Christopher Columbus this year and follow their progress.

If anyone is able to post their results each week that would be ideal.

I hope they win it all and I am rooting for them.

Varsity Football Schedule for 2014

DATE Day Team Location Time Results

8/21 THUR Fall Classic

Monarch HS

Deerfield Beach HS Deerfield Bch HS 5:00 W 21-14

W 28-0

8/28 THUR South Dade Away - Harris Field 7:00 W 45-34

9/5 FRI Belen Away - FIU Stadium 7:30 W 27 - 7

9/12 FRI Coral Gables Home - Tropical Park 7:30 W 14-13

9/18 THUR Miami Central Away - Traz Powell 7:00 L 14-42

9/26 FRI Norland Home - Tropical Park 7:30 W 29-6

10/2 THUR Miami Beach Away - Flamingo Park 7:00 W 61-7