Newport Stadium

NEERFAN

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With development moving closer to 471, maybe the KMart property will be cheap enough that something could be worked out.

They owned it once. However, NewCath is an inner-city Catholic school location and not a Kenton County school. The Bishop's office has, historically, turned a blind eye to NewCath and money. No problem selling the land around the school, but let's not turn that back towards improving the building. NewCath will get a field in Phase V I believe. That will be due to private donations and fund raising and nothing w/ the Diocese.

Newport Independent needs to just give control of the field to the city. The school/city needs to sell parking spot up on the hill overlooking the stadium. Fans from NewCath and Newport would buy spots to park their cars and tailgate during the game.

Once NCC and Brossart merge and move the whole thing to Alexandria, they will have premium land to sell to finance the merger, and room for a football stadium.

If that ever happens there will be no need for a football stadium because there will be no demand for one.

All the stadiums built by the government works projects back in the day need repair and updating. It is not much worse than it was 10 years ago and the playing surface is obviously better.

They owned it once. However, NewCath is an inner-city Catholic school location and not a Kenton County school. The Bishop's office has, historically, turned a blind eye to NewCath and money. No problem selling the land around the school, but let's not turn that back towards improving the building. NewCath will get a field in Phase V I believe. That will be due to private donations and fund raising and nothing w/ the Diocese.

I saw the master plan that included all phases of fundraising. It included a football field up on the hill. Pretty nice set up.

That turf is one of the newer ones in NKY.

Is it?? I know Scott, Dixie, South Kenton and Ryle are all newer. That leaves Highlands, Cov Cath, and Beechwood. Not sure when they were installed, but just based on appearances, Beechwood's turf looks newer. I was under the impression that Newport's turf is one of the oldest.

Is it?? I know Scott' date=' Dixie, South Kenton and Ryle are all newer. That leaves Highlands, Cov Cath, and Beechwood. Not sure when they were installed, but just based on appearances, Beechwood's turf looks newer. I was under the impression that Newport's turf is one of the oldest.[/quote']

HHS, BW, and CCH were the first 3 if my memory is correct.

HHS, BW, and CCH were the first 3 if my memory is correct.

Which puts Newport in the middle of the pack age wise. In terms of field condition, I'd say it's certainly behind the 4 newer fields, as well as Beechwood. The other 3 are probably getting close to needing replacement.

Once NCC and Brossart merge and move the whole thing to Alexandria, they will have premium land to sell to finance the merger, and room for a football stadium.

I have a better chance of become President of the United States then this happening.

Newport Independent needs to just give control of the field to the city. The school/city needs to sell parking spot up on the hill overlooking the stadium. Fans from NewCath and Newport would buy spots to park their cars and tailgate during the game.

Bob Noll and the "Big C" put the "kibosh" on the "beer garden".

1st bolded...That has changed in the last few years, Carl Foster saw to that. The relationship is much better and Bob Noll (got the ball rolling) was instrumental in getting it back on track.

2nd bolded...Football field is in Phase III, but that is a ways off, still have to tackle Phase II.