Newport Stadium

NEERFAN

I attended a South Kenton game today at the Stadium and it seems like it is in need of some repair. I've attended multiple NCC games the past few seasons but they've all been night games so I never paid much attention to the condition of the stands. Seems like it needs some TLC, concrete issues, and the stands are a tetanus shot waiting to happen. For all those Newport/NCC fans, beware of the fence line, south of the 50, don't mess with the fence like I did, their must be a large wasp nest underneath the plastic topping.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended a South Kenton game today at the Stadium and it seems like it is in need of some repair. I've attended multiple NCC games the past few seasons but they've all been night games so I never paid much attention to the condition of the stands. Seems like it needs some TLC, concrete issues, and the stands are a tetanus shot waiting to happen. For all those Newport/NCC fans, beware of the fence line, south of the 50, don't mess with the fence like I did, their must be a large wasp nest underneath the plastic topping.

What games did you watch for South Kenton? I was their and I noticed they remodeled the bathrooms they are nice. The stands are not that bad. The field is still in decent shape.

I don't think Ncc fans are going to complain. They're just happy to have a home. Although Ncc should fork over some money for repairs, its really not their problem. Newport should make the repairs in a timely fashion.

I don't think Ncc fans are going to complain. They're just happy to have a home. Although Ncc should fork over some money for repairs, its really not their problem. Newport should make the repairs in a timely fashion.

Last time I heard, NewCath pays about $1500 a game for the use of Newport Stadium, they should use some of that money for repairs.

Last time I heard, NewCath pays about $1500 a game for the use of Newport Stadium, they should use some of that money for repairs.

Is there any truth to the rumors that NCC is pursuing their own field? Seems like an opportunity for Dayton, Bellevue and Newport to merge together to create a shared athletic complex in the future.

Guess that would take cooperation from several small school districts that often don't work together.

If you were a player/fan of Dayton or Bellevue, would you rather play in your old stadium/locker room, etc on grass or move to a renovated Newport stadium?

What games did you watch for South Kenton? I was their and I noticed they remodeled the bathrooms they are nice. The stands are not that bad. The field is still in decent shape.

My first ever South Kenton game. It was the Junior division, my friend has a son playing, you can't miss him.

Is there any truth to the rumors that NCC is pursuing their own field? Seems like an opportunity for Dayton, Bellevue and Newport to merge together to create a shared athletic complex in the future.

Guess that would take cooperation from several small school districts that often don't work together.

If you were a player/fan of Dayton or Bellevue, would you rather play in your old stadium/locker room, etc on grass or move to a renovated Newport stadium?

This rumor has been going on for years. If NewCath is ever going to get its own field now is the time since Kmart went under. I was told that the bishop wants nothing to do with the diocese helping with the purchase of the land or fund raising. I dont see it ever happening.