Unarmed shoplifter killed by the police

PurplePride92

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the kid shoplifting? Obviously even if he was, the shooting was uncalled for if he was unarmed. But at the same time if he was shop lifting he wasn't exactly an innocent bystander either.

Early reports are that he had his hands up when he was shot 8-10 times.

Still seeing alleged shoplifter.

I'm not saying he's innocent but if cops can go around shooting unarmed criminals and petty thieves then they have a lot of work to do.

I'm not saying it didn't happen the way the article described but I have an extremely hard time believing it did. Will be interested in see how this one plays out.

I hate to say it but this is one of those stories where I'm hoping the kid had a gun on him that hasn't been found yet. Something.....anything to justify killing an unarmed 18 year old with his hands up.

If the reports are accurate this will get really ugly.

Early reports are that he had his hands up when he was shot 8-10 times.

Still seeing alleged shoplifter.

I'm not saying he's innocent but if cops can go around shooting unarmed criminals and petty thieves then they have a lot of work to do.

Agree 100% if he wasn't armed he shouldn't of been shot. Cop should be prosecuted. My point was just reading the article and people making him out to be a saint. If he shop lifted then I'm not buying it. Just a terrible situation.

Agree 100% if he wasn't armed he shouldn't of been shot. Cop should be prosecuted. My point was just reading the article and people making him out to be a saint. If he shop lifted then I'm not buying it. Just a terrible situation.

I'm not buying he was a saint either. There's a reason the cops were after him. It definitely appears that he shouldn't have been shot though. At least so far anyways.

I'm not buying he was a saint either. There's a reason the cops were after him. It definitely appears that he shouldn't have been shot though. At least so far anyways.

Agreed. Kids make bad decisions . Most of them shouldn't end fatal. If story is true sounds like a nervous itchy trigger finger . I just hope no riots happen.

I read another report that said he was shot while attempting to flee.
I have also read other reports that said that police had arrested the man and were attempting to place him in a squad car, when he broke away and started running away with his hands in the air.

I have also read other reports that said that police had arrested the man and were attempting to place him in a squad car, when he broke away and started running away with his hands in the air.

So, if true, they had him in custody. He was already frisked and made sure he was not carry weapons, if he was going into a squad car he should have been hand cuffed (I would think). Then he freaked and ran. And that justifies any shooting?

If we was not cuffed it would seems he was not being charged with a felony and apparently not deemed dangerous, he was not armed it seemed, and they should have had him ID'd for easy track down if needed. So why the need for deadly force just because he panicked?