EARLY Mr. Football Candidates

Purple88

Will be fun to see how good these guys really are. I get to see several of the names which have been floated around.

Hope all have great seasons and come out of the 2014 injury free.

One last thing. I bet most of those listed would pass on the Mr. Football title in favor of being a member of the State Championship team. If not, they don't deserve to be Mr. Football.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winkler has one stat Venemann doesn't a win against Collins last year!

Venemann has the biggest stat of all, 2 state championship rings and 3 state championship appearances, how many does Winkler have again? End of conversation.

I agree, it's, more then likely, between Damien Harris and Elijah Sindelar. But........

According to the ranking services, the most sought after, highly ranked seniors-to-be players in the state are in this order:

1. Damian Harris, Madison Southern

2. Emmitt Smith, Warren Central

3. Eli Brown, Warren East

4. Donald Brooks, Trinity

5. Elijah Sindelar, Caldwell County

6. Reece Ryan, Lexington Catholic

7. Mason Wolfe, Henderson County

Thanks, hopefully we can keep many of them in the state.

51 catches 716 yards 11 touchdowns receiving and 1 kick off return touchdown as a Junior. He scored 3 times in 3 different games.

Lets be fair buddy. I like Winkler a lot and as I said earlier I thought he was SK's best WR last year. With that said, you talk so many SK players up each year which isn't fair to the kids. Before the season last year you had half a dozen of them going DI, how many seniors last year are going to play DI this year?

Don't do the same to Winkler please. Let the kid play this year without a target on his back put on there by you.

Lets be fair buddy. I like Winkler a lot and as I said earlier I thought he was SK's best WR last year. With that said, you talk so many SK players up each year which isn't fair to the kids. Before the season last year you had half a dozen of them going DI, how many seniors last year are going to play DI this year?

Don't do the same to Winkler please. Let the kid play this year without a target on his back put on there by you.

I want to make clear I also like Winkler, he's a talent. Hope he has a monster year and gets a chance to play at the next level if that's what he wants to do.

As many have said, it's a 2 man race with Harris slightly ahead of Sindelar. UK has the wrong Pioneer and wrong year- a healthy Dillon Powell COULD be a dark horse candidate in 2015. Not ready yet, but has the potential.

I'm a big fan of Powell and think he will be hands down the #1 player in NKY next year if he stays healthy this year. I don't know about Mr Football candidate though, but in this area he should be fun to watch.

I'm a big fan of Powell and think he will be hands down the #1 player in NKY next year if he stays healthy this year. I don't know about Mr Football candidate though, but in this area he should be fun to watch.

He will probably be the best this year. He is healthy and ready to run wild!

Let me throw Reece Ryan in this mix. I think with Bowling Green coming to town in week 2, if the Knights win that game Ryan will gain some momentum in that race. Sprinkle in a Boyle County team that may be undefeated when they face LC, he has a chance to win some huge games against big name opponents.