Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 24 Highlands 21

Featured Replies

A very close game between two good teams that may meet again in the playoffs.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    Well that was a great game…. I think a lot of non Highlands fans weren’t really giving the Birds a shot on this rematch from last year with O’Hara, Johnson and Alexander returning for Cooper and the B

  • Made the trip for this one (only my 2nd ever Highlands home game).  Thanks Highlands faithful for a great time! Highlands kicking game has to continue to improve.  Giving up an opening kick 6 and

Posted Images

Well that was a great game…. I think a lot of non Highlands fans weren’t really giving the Birds a shot on this rematch from last year with O’Hara, Johnson and Alexander returning for Cooper and the Birds being so young.  
 

Birds defense stepped up huge in 2nd half holding Cooper to only a FG.  

Birds walk away from this game hopefully with their head held high…. Saw some really good things out there to build on for the future.

#NOTDISAPPOINTED

GO BIRDS!!!

  • Author
1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well that was a great game…. I think a lot of non Highlands fans weren’t really giving the Birds a shot on this rematch from last year with O’Hara, Johnson and Alexander returning for Cooper and the Birds being so young.  
 

Birds defense stepped up huge in 2nd half holding Cooper to only a FG.  

Birds walk away from this game hopefully with their head held high…. Saw some really good things out there to build on for the future.

#NOTDISAPPOINTED

GO BIRDS!!!

In the first half I was not really liking what I was seeing from Highlands but midway through the 2nd they turned things around and finished fairly solid.  Highlands should be a factor in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well that was a great game…. I think a lot of non Highlands fans weren’t really giving the Birds a shot on this rematch from last year with O’Hara, Johnson and Alexander returning for Cooper and the Birds being so young.  
 

Birds defense stepped up huge in 2nd half holding Cooper to only a FG.  

Birds walk away from this game hopefully with their head held high…. Saw some really good things out there to build on for the future.

#NOTDISAPPOINTED

GO BIRDS!!!

I think that’s true with many. I thought Cooper would win but figured it would be a close battle. Highlands clearly has a good team even with being younger. This was a really good game and I’d be surprised if they don’t meet again come playoff time. Highlands has at least 2-3 very bright seasons ahead of them in my opinion.

Great game! Thought the Birds were going to pull it off.

  • Author
Just now, TheBallCoach said:

Great game! Thought the Birds were going to pull it off.

It was a great game but I never got to the point in my mind where I thought Highlands was going to win.

@DearToday per your last comment in update thread, the offensive line was good. I was standing right there on my way out, #17 receiver covered up Lorenzen at the last second. So your latter theory was correct. 
 

12 minutes ago, TheConch said:

@DearToday per your last comment in update thread, the offensive line was good. I was standing right there on my way out, #17 receiver covered up Lorenzen at the last second. So your latter theory was correct. 
 

Knew it had to be something like that because the OL was all well behind the line of scrimmage.

Great game by both teams. Cooper left at least 14 points on the board but credit to HHS for capitalizing on those. 
 

On to the next one for both of these teams, especially the Jags who have a short week playing next Thursday. 

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Knew it had to be something like that because the OL was all well behind the line of scrimmage.

Tough way to “end” it, but correct call. 

The Highlands mother I walked out with did not agree, said her boy and the OL was behind the line. She was correct, but still incorrect LOL!

Made the trip for this one (only my 2nd ever Highlands home game).  Thanks Highlands faithful for a great time!

Highlands kicking game has to continue to improve.  Giving up an opening kick 6 and then missing a FG are things that happen, but you don't need them to happen in big games.

Was really impressed with Highlands QB Litmer.  Thought he played really well this game and made some big throws for the Bluebirds.

For Cooper, Isaiah Johnson is just tough cover.  He made so many tough catches today.  Great player.

2 very good teams and I expect both to have a deep playoff run.

Good luck moving forward!

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Made the trip for this one (only my 2nd ever Highlands home game).  Thanks Highlands faithful for a great time!

Highlands kicking game has to continue to improve.  Giving up an opening kick 6 and then missing a FG are things that happen, but you don't need them to happen in big games.

Was really impressed with Highlands QB Litmer.  Thought he played really well this game and made some big throws for the Bluebirds.

For Cooper, Isaiah Johnson is just tough cover.  He made so many tough catches today.  Great player.

2 very good teams and I expect both to have a deep playoff run.

Good luck moving forward!

I am glad to see you up here in NKY @Purple88!

  • Author

I see @FrankNicodemus is not disappointed in the result, is there anyone else from Highlands that is not disappointed in the result?

Cooper didn’t win because they were “older” they won because they are a better team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.