Race plays a factor when you are missing

MSNBC is the network that decided to hire the semi-literate racist Al Sharpton to host a TV show. Why anybody would expect the network to take strong action against one of its hosts for any of their outrageous on air or off air comments is perplexing. MSNBC does not make hiring decisions based on journalistic professionalism or ethics. Sharpton has Jewish blood on his hands from the Crown Heights riots, yet there he is with his own TV show. Why would NBC hire Sharpton and then take disciplinary action over a tweet?

I prefer that NBC continues to showcase liberal idiots on the air. It makes it crystal clear that you cannot trust any news that passes through the network's political filter.

Edited by Mitch Rapp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure if one of LeBron's kids was missing it would be a pretty big deal. I'm also pretty sure that if one of Tom Brady's kids was missing it would be a pretty big deal. I'm also pretty sure that if one of Brad and Angelina's kids was missing it would be a pretty big deal and it isn't going to matter what race or nationality the kid was.

How can anyone bash Nancy Grace for helping find lost or missing kids? White or black' date=' it's still a kid.[/quote']

I have never seen a Nancy Grace show. But I agree with you if this is what she does. Is this the premise of her programming? I honestly don't know much about her or her show.

I have never seen a Nancy Grace show. But I agree with you if this is what she does. Is this the premise of her programming? I honestly don't know much about her or her show.

She put the spotlight on missing kids and bad parents. Most of time they are white. But kids know no color and if she is biased and saves a kid then so be it.

At least she tries, more than I can say for most of us on here, including myself.

She put the spotlight on missing kids and bad parents. Most of time they are white. But kids know no color and if she is biased and saves a kid then so be it. At least she tries' date=' more than I can say for most of us on here, including myself.[/quote']

She is all about Nancy Grace. Not sure how much good she has done, but she LOVES the attention, her show is one I can't stand to watch!

Forgive me if I don't absolve Nancy from her single-minded focus on the return of young, white and preferably blond girls. Ever heard of "tokenism?"

Does it really matter if it's white kids most of the time, at least she tries to get the word out. Regardless of what you say she does more for missing kids in one hour than you have probably done in your whole life.

Maybe your single minded in that you don't want her to help kids unless she does a white kid one day and black kid the next. A kid is a kid.

I think Purple is referring to the late 70's murder spree in the Atlanta area.

If that's what he's referring to it was on all 3 networks (yeah kids we only had 3 or 4 back then) every day for what seemed like forever up to the arrest and then through the trial. As a kid this was the most covered crime I can remember, well this and the Jonestown Massacre.

If that's what he's referring to it was on all 3 networks (yeah kids we only had 3 or 4 back then) every day for what seemed like forever up to the arrest and then through the trial. As a kid this was the most covered crime I can remember, well this and the Jonestown Massacre.
I agree. However, the Atlanta murders is a bad analogy to single instances of missing children. The Atlanta murders got widespread national coverage after police made a connection between them and realized they were the work of a serial killer. But the story was extensively covered by all of the national networks.

The Dulle case may have been a big deal in that area, but I never saw or heard anything about it until the thread about him being found dead was posted. It's not like it was getting national or even regional attention beyond Cincy/Nky area.