Is there another state the size of KY...

BigVMan23

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's been well established that there is "Louisville" and then "out in the state"...

And someone forgot to mention that Maysville falls smack in the middle of central northeast Kentucky.

Randy told me that there's the rest of the state and that Indiana wannabe area.

Randy says a lot of things and you should never listen to Randy.

I call poop to the NKY thing. Can't tell you how many times I've heard NKY folks explain when out of the region that they are from the Cincinnati area.

:laugh:

I call poop to the NKY thing. Can't tell you how many times I've heard NKY folks explain when out of the region that they are from the Cincinnati area.

Not only do I never say that, I have and will continue to scold Mr. lawildcat if he tries to tell people that we are from Cincinnati. That's just blasphemy!

120 counties is an absurd number in its own right. No reason for that.

True.

As a comparison. TX has 254 counties (the most), 266, 874 sqm land mass, or 1,050 square miles per county average. KY has 120 counties, 40, 411 sqm land mass, or 336 square miles per county.

If KY were the size of TX and kept their current average size of county by square mile, we would have approximately 790 counties.

120 counties is an absurd number in its own right. No reason for that.

Only 3 counties in my home state of Delaware. Two distinct regions, Northern Delaware (those guys think they live in Philly and are really cool and full of themselves), and Lower Delaware (which said northerners refer to as "slower Delaware).

Only 3 counties in my home state of Delaware. Two distinct regions, Northern Delaware (those guys think they live in Philly and are really cool and full of themselves), and Lower Delaware (which said northerners refer to as "slower Delaware).

Wait...we have a state named Delaware?:idunno::lol2:

I do when I'm out of the area, unless I'm somewhere in KY, then I say NKY.

Wait...we have a state named Delaware?:idunno::lol2:

Don't get me started!! ;-) I've heard everything from "where's that?", or "what state is that in",or my favorite and the most common, "hey, I've never met anyone from Delaware before!!"

It's all good, and it's part of who I am. Although I tend to leave the Delaware detail out when I mention I was an All-State football and Baseball player. Doesn't sound nearly as impressive when there are only about 60 high schools in your state.

I do when I'm out of the area, unless I'm somewhere in KY, then I say NKY.

Me too. People not near this area have no clue where NKY is if I just say Northern Kentucky. I normally say I live in the Cincinnati area, in NKY.

Me too. People not near this area have no clue where NKY is if I just say Northern Kentucky. I normally say I live in the Cincinnati area, in NKY.

Doesn't logic dictate that it'd be in the northern part of Kentucky?

Don't get me started!! ;-) I've heard everything from "where's that?", or "what state is that in",or my favorite and the most common, "hey, I've never met anyone from Delaware before!!"

It's all good, and it's part of who I am. Although I tend to leave the Delaware detail out when I mention I was an All-State football and Baseball player. Doesn't sound nearly as impressive when there are only about 60 high schools in your state.

NEVER, NEVER let the facts get in the way of a good story. :lol: