1982 NCAA Championship Game: Remember Where You Were?

Clyde

I feel Pitino is a great coach but only has two titles.

I do too, but Pitino hasn't been at one place for 40 years either. He has as many titles as Dean Smith has and has them at different schools where he had to literally re-build each program.

Big difference in that than staying put for 40 years at the same school and only winning 2.

I thnk Pitino is a better coach than Dean Smith, his resume however won't show that because of all his moving. I blame his ego on that. He thought he was so good he could take any team at any level and make them champions. He should of stayed put at UK and he'd have at least 2 more titles imo.

I do too, but Pitino hasn't been at one place for 40 years either. He has as many titles as Dean Smith has and has them at different schools where he had to literally re-build each program.

Big difference in that than staying put for 40 years at the same school and only winning 2.

I thnk Pitino is a better coach than Dean Smith, his resume however won't show that because of all his moving. I blame his ego on that. He thought he was so good he could take any team at any level and make them champions. He should of stayed put at UK and he'd have at least 2 more titles imo.

No, he's not.:no:

Most Amazing thing is that that was Jordan's only Final Four

Lost as a Sophomore in the regional final to a Cinderella in Georgia and lost as a Junior to Indiana with Steve Alford as a Freshman in the Sweet 16.

Regarding the thread, in my parents' living room watching my first NCAA Championship game (that I can remember) as a Freshman in HS.

Watched it with my Grandpa. He was still upset about Landon Turner's accident and the Hoosiers' season falling apart.

We almost got the Dream Game a year early in that tourney but Middle spoiled it.

I remember MTSU we'll. funny thing is that UL and UK almost played in '75 Title game and in '76 NIT.

In parents' den. Vividly remember Floyd throwing the ball to Worthy (after Floyd travelled!).

As to the other point: Pitino would have about 6-7 titles if he would follow this recipe: Recruit talent, condition his players, work the media, play to the national TV audience, coach for 38 minutes of the game, then turn it over to Denny Crum at crunch time.