1982 NCAA Championship Game: Remember Where You Were?

Clyde

I'm watching the ESPN documentary on the Big East and they're showing highlights of the 1982 championship game between Georgetown and UNC (Ewing/Jordan).

It's one of those games I can clearly remember where I was when I watched it.

I was at my buddy's house in Burlington.

You remember where you were?

15 yo at the time...in my living room in Eden, NC, watching my Tarheels. And I remember screaming "no"! When Jordan shot the jumper from the wing, then going crazy when he hit it, and Worthy being so surprised when he got the ball he almost didn't know what to do. But I was VERY happy.:)

I'm watching the ESPN documentary on the Big East and they're showing highlights of the 1982 championship game between Georgetown and UNC (Ewing/Jordan).

It's one of those games I can clearly remember where I was when I watched it.

I was at my buddy's house in Burlington.

You remember where you were?

I was watching the game at my house.

I always thought Dean Smith was overrated, only saying that because of the amount of time he coached at UNC over 30+ years and only won the NCAA twice, and both times won the games when the opposing team with a chance to win at the end of the games turned the ball over on brain cramp type of plays. (First title game Georgetown with a chance at the end of the game passes James Worthy the ball instead of another Georgewtown player, and the Michigan Chris Webber timeout game at the end)

He was a good coach, don't take this as me saying he wasn't. I'm just saying coaching about 4 decades and only 2 titles doesn't scream to me great coach.

I was watching the game at my house.

I always thought Dean Smith was overrated, only saying that because of the amount of time he coached at UNC over 30+ years and only won the NCAA twice, and both times won the games when the opposing team with a chance to win at the end of the games turned the ball over on brain cramp type of plays. (First title game Georgetown with a chance at the end of the game passes James Worthy the ball instead of another Georgewtown player, and the Michigan Chris Webber timeout game at the end)

He was a good coach, don't take this as me saying he wasn't. I'm just saying coaching about 4 decades and only 2 titles doesn't scream to me great coach.

I feel Pitino is a great coach but only has two titles.