Is there a bias against NKY teams down state?

We are 2 days away, it is going to be a great week for basketball fans on all levels. I was talking to a Lexington friend and my brother in law from Richmond over the weekend, they stated separately if CCH would meet PRP on Friday, there would be no NKY bias that night. Everyone will be against PRP!

On a side note, my cousin (who knows nothing about BGP or this thread) went to Frankfort last week to submit a state bid for road construction, he said in the office where you submit the bid, there is a map of the state of Kentucky on the wall. The only problem is that Northern Kentucky is chopped off the map, I found that to be very funny! Enjoy the Sweet 16.

:laugh:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 2 days away, it is going to be a great week for basketball fans on all levels. I was talking to a Lexington friend and my brother in law from Richmond over the weekend, they stated separately if CCH would meet PRP on Friday, there would be no NKY bias that night. Everyone will be against PRP!

On a side note, my cousin (who knows nothing about BGP or this thread) went to Frankfort last week to submit a state bid for road construction, he said in the office where you submit the bid, there is a map of the state of Kentucky on the wall. The only problem is that Northern Kentucky is chopped off the map, I found that to be very funny! Enjoy the Sweet 16.

:laugh:

That is kind of funny. Maybe we should chop off those state taxes we send to Frankfort. :sneaky:

I think that, if anything, Covington Catholic will be a crowd favorite for a few reasons, which are (in no particular order):

• People love their student section and the atmosphere they bring to the games
    (If you don't believe me, just look at posts on here, or take someone like my Mom, who cares more about where we go to dinner that night or what she needs from the mall than who wins the game, but still asks "did Covington Catholic go... they are the ones with the kids who do all the cheers... right???"... Seriously, in Sweet 16 lore, the Cov Cath students are right up there with the Central dance team as non-player participants who have a Q-score that would be higher than most of the teams who were already eliminated.)

• Covington Catholic's squad doesn't have a very 'urban' feel if we're talking about the crowd's perceptions

• 9th Region schools aren't typically known as the Wild, Wild West of transfers

Okay, I'll bite -- respectfully and with absolutely no agenda. What is it about an 'urban' squad that would dampen the crowd's enthusiasm?

Again, I think there's more of a bias against the Lex schools.

No one is mentioning how beloved those Highlands teams or the '04 Cov Cath team was. I don't really recall the fans being behind a Lexington school unless it was the Male-Lafayette championship.

Again, we're talking about the average fan with no rooting interest here.

Again, I think there's more of a bias against the Lex schools.

No one is mentioning how beloved those Highlands teams or the '04 Cov Cath team was. I don't really recall the fans being behind a Lexington school unless it was the Male-Lafayette championship.

Again, we're talking about the average fan with no rooting interest here.

I will assume that you are talking about the later Highlands teams with Smith and Lorenzen as being possibly beloved. I know from experience, when we played Hazard in 86 and Clay County in 87 that the love being thrown those days were for the mountain schools and it wasn't even close. Ritchie Farmer was so admired and adored it was almost comical.

I will assume that you are talking about the later Highlands teams with Smith and Lorenzen as being possibly beloved. I know from experience, when we played Hazard in 86 and Clay County in 87 that the love being thrown those days were for the mountain schools and it wasn't even close. Ritchie Farmer was so admired and adored it was almost comical.

I see you B-Game.....LOL!