Sessions Attempts To Preserve Benefits for Vets-Dems Say No

Jeff Sessions, R-Al, tried have an amendment passed to restore some benefits that our vets are losing. His plan was to make it tougher for illegal aliens to get tax credits for their children. Dems voted to take money from our veterans to give to illegal aliens. You may want to feel sorry for the ILLEGALS, but that is what they are, illegals. I find it a sad situation to take from those who put their lives on the line for us.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we cut 7 Billion over 10 years (less than 1 Billion a year) by ripping off our veterans while giving 4 billion to illegal aliens lawbreakers.

Paul Ryan trying to defend the pension plan change is pathetic. For the nerdy smart guy, if he thinks less than a billion a year in savings is even worth the effort he is failing to see the picture.

The first notable bi-partisan effort by Congress in a while is an joint assault on veterans.

We have so much ignorant spending in our government for things. Why cant we get a President that has some balls and stop the pork spending and wasted money being spent on conventions, vacations, seminars, illegal immigrants and their benefits, travel, etc. This could help those who helped us, our soldiers. I sure didnt notice what branch of the military Obama served in.

We have so much ignorant spending in our government for things. Why cant we get a President that has some balls and stop the pork spending and.......

Unfortunately pork spending is what buys elections or even more, reelections. Unfortunately voters have a bad tendency to vote on what will help them here and now (ie pork spending in their cities or states), not what is good for the country as a whole and the generations that come afterward.

What the budget agreement simply seeks to do is rein in inflation increases for military retirees, most of whom leave service in their 40s and then start second careers. From what I can determine, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is the catalyst for this "shared sacrifice" cut. The main problem (from an accounting standpoint) with military pensions is that recipients can draw benefits for 40 years or more -- half of one's salary after 20 years of service -- far longer than people who retire from the private sector. Sessions and others are simply trying to score political points from one component in the budget reduction measure.

What the budget agreement simply seeks to do is rein in inflation increases for military retirees, most of whom leave service in their 40s and then start second careers. From what I can determine, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is the catalyst for this "shared sacrifice" cut. The main problem (from an accounting standpoint) with military pensions is that recipients can draw benefits for 40 years or more -- half of one's salary after 20 years of service -- far longer than people who retire from the private sector. Sessions and others are simply trying to score political points from one component in the budget reduction measure.

Anyone else find it ironic Twotoplace is fine with this deal but acts like the world is ending when people try to restructure teacher pay and benefits. I literally laughed at this post because it contradicted everything you were saying a week or two ago.

For the record I applaud the attempt of bipartisan deal. I do believe we could of found better area's to cut than Military pensions. I also believe in shared sacrifice and Paul Ryan is being consistent in that regard. The flaw in this is that there are still benefits for Illegal aliens, thoses should go well before we cut Military pay. Plus there are probably other area's within the military budget they could of been cut before this as well.

They were afraid of another shutdown. No guts to stand up to principle. They believe they will turn it around when the elections are over this coming fall.

Really? Who even remembers the government shutdown except for the employees who ended up getting a free paid vacation out of the deal?

Twotoplace tone would change very quick if this applied to union workers.

Union workers establish benefits through what is known as bargaining. Both sides sit down at a bargaining table and hammer out a win-win agreement. The Ryan-Murray plan was achieved in similar fashion. If you right-wing boys don't like inflation curbs on military pensions, then I suggest that you send letters to your GOP reps and senators in Congress.