• Mayfield (9-0)
    • Caldwell County (9-0)

This dude on here talking smack.

Lets see the last 3 meeting between Mayfield and Caldwell

2010- Mayfield 49 Caldwell 0

2011- Mayfield 62 Caldwell 14

2012- Mayfield 49 Caldwell 7

That's 159 to 21

Tightly contested games....Dreamkiller....

Do you realize that these are not those boys Mayfield beat last year? They have grown up and are now deeper and bigger and stronger. Frankly, I'll be glad when this game is over, so we can move on to the playoffs and rooting for each other again.:banana:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see either team slacking off to keep everyone healthy. Are you kidding me? I doubt either team will be challenged in the 1st couple of rounds of the playoffs, so, if someone does get banged up, he'll have at least 3 weeks to get healthy, before the serious games begin. I actually think whoever wins this thing will have some great momentum and confidence going into the playoffs. IMO, CC needs this game more so than Mayfield does. The Cardinals always play with confidence and have a lot of tradition on there side. CC, on the other hand, needs a big win over a traditional power to boost theres, if nothing else, just to prove to themselves they're good enough to win it all and that'll be important once they get to the 3rd, 4th or 5th round, when equally talented teams are on the other side.

Like I said earlier, I think CC has the superior talent and athleticism of the 2 teams. Mayfield has some decent athletes on the team, with maybe Deion Jackson and Carmen being the only real college prospects, but, what makes them as good as they are is that they're just good, solid HS football players. They know how to play the game, are fundamentally sound, very well coached, confident and rarely beat themselves. Plus, they're big game experienced. That's why I'm taking them in this game.

and then there is the pressure of a 23 game winning streak that no one has even mentioned. That is added pressure that Caldwell County doesn't have. Also, the hometown crowd will be UNBELIEVABLE!

That streak is a non factor, the older members of this team were part of a longer streak and we have had longer ones in the past. That is why there is no pressure at this point and honestly you are the first person I have heard bring it up. Pressure will eventually build if it gets into the 30's but it won't this far out. Big rowdy crowds are not new this season, the McCracken, PT and Graves Games all drew crowds that are likely bigger than we will see Friday. I say that because each had a unique element and all 3 teams were just a few miles apart rather than 45 minutes. The McCracken game was due to them being a new school going for their first win, the PT game becasue it was the 100TH meeting and both teams were highly rated and the Graves game as they were undefeated highly ranked and thought this was finally their year. I really think we feed off big crowds whether freindly or hostile

and then there is the pressure of a 23 game winning streak that no one has even mentioned. That is added pressure that Caldwell County doesn't have. Also, the hometown crowd will be UNBELIEVABLE!

I don't think big crowds will bother Mayfield. Mayfield is everybody's marquee game.

IMHO, Mayfield has always been good because they are so good up front. To me, that's Caldwell's biggest challenge this week, not any of the other stuff that keeps getting bandied about.

If Caldwell's offensive line can give Sindelar time he will find receivers and the Tigers will make plays on offense. Caldwell's O-line is pretty good in its own right, especially pass blocking.

Defensively, I don't think Caldwell will get a ton of pressure on Guhy, but the Tigers do need to slow down the Mayfield run game and make a few stops here or there. Caldwell's defense will give up some yardage, but seems to get better as the field gets shorter.

This Caldwell team is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was last year at this time. Sindelar is not the same kid that got off the bus at Mayfield. Will that be enough to beat Mayfield? We'll find out Friday night.

I have to admit, I really want the teams to put on a show! I want to see 5-6,000 crammed into Tiger Stadium and I want to see a football game we'll talk about for ages.

We can all get serious about things again in the playoffs.