Mayfield/Caldwell County predictions

Mayfield at Caldwell County  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield at Caldwell County

• Mayfield (9-0)
    • Caldwell County (9-0)

Mayfield did start slow against Murray, also started poorly against Russellville falling behind but not hitting any panic buttons. Murray had 18 points and 2 first down at the half. After an 80 yard TD run, an interception, and a blocked punt, the Cardinals found themselves down 18-0. that Murray Caldwell game even with the lopsided final, for Murray it was a night of missed opportunities. Murray had five trips inside Caldwell 30 that ended empty-handed including key trips in both the second and third quarters that could have put Murray up on top. Murray had over 400 yards of offense, in fact they had only 29 fewer yards than Caldwell. Mayfield held Murray to a 114 yards of total offense. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the defense we have is like the defense we have had the last couple of years that just shut offenses down and Singular (SP I know) is going to make some plays to that outstanding reciever corp but we still have a defense that is way above average and they will get their stops and with our offense i HOPE that is all we need.

Mayfield's schedule is actually alot tougher. The Caldwell game Friday will make the 6th Cardinal opponet this season that will have a Lit House ranking of over 100 and for Caldwell it will be the second opponet over 100. For Caldwell they faced Christian Co #88.9, Union County #87.1, Ohio County #65, Trigg County #81.1, Ft. Campbell #93.1, Ballard Memorial #78.1, Green County #76.3, Murray #102.6, Crittenden County #52.7 and next us Mayfield at #116. Mayfield has faced Ft. Campbell #93.1, McCracken County #122, Paducah Tilghman #111.1, Murray #102.6, Graves County #102.7, Marshall County #72, Fulton City #41.9, Fulton County #53.4, Russellville #100.8 and will next face Caldwell #113.2.

Another factor in is the Mayfield coaching staff who gets the nod here by a wide margin, one of the best anywhere

Finally, Caldwell has had trouble with Mayfield forever, it's like they don't think they can beat Mayfield because they don't very often, just like most of the other teams that have played Mayfield through the years. I think last year that Caldwell was a better team than what they played like at Mayfield, a lot better, as evidenced by the way the Tigers went on to play in the playoff's but that Mayfield mystique takes over and most of the time the Tigers fall apart, espically if the Cards jump out to a early lead. Will that happen again or will Mayfield bring out a super human effort in Caldwell

It's Sindelar.

Or do I have to start calling Mayfield's quarterback Gooey! :lol2:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some additional info for those coming to the game.

Caldwell's seniors, including 18 football players and 2 managers, will be honored before the game.

Caldwell's 1963 state championship team will be recognized at halftime.

Big night in these parts.

You can't hardly blame the scheduling on the coaches though. Christian County is normally a much better team, and was expected to be that this year. Usually much better than Graves Co. Ft Campbell and Trigg would also fall into the category of having "down" years. Yes, you have played McCracken County in their SECOND game ever. I am sure you don't want to see them now. They have greatly improved over the year. Tilghman is not on Caldwell's schedule, but would be a good matchup this year or next. As they were for Mayfield. I would definitely agree that the coaching staff at Mayfield gives them a distinct advantage. I do think the talent level you paotray in Mayfield is a little overrated.

Singular, really? Sindelar is definitely not singular in this offense.

You just crossed the line. We do not raid anyone. Go ahead and take all the damn cheap shots you want but once this crop of players graduate from Caldwell the tigers will go back to waiting another 15 or 20 years before they are even talked about or ranked. Please don't come back with "I'm joking or its just in fun" we know its bull :poop:. It is like this every time some unknown school comes out of the wood works and has a good team every 20 or so years.

Edited by Randy Parker

That was not a good post by DreamKiller and I don't blame anyone for being mad about it.

As to the strength of schedule discussion, maxpreps actually has the strength schedule pretty close - Mayfield is at 4.7 and Caldwell Co. is 1.2. They don't break down the out of district schedules, which I believe would make Mayfiled's SOS better. The bad in district 1A teams hurt Mayfield's SOS. For example, Beechwood's SOS was over 20 before district play but the bad district teams dropped their SOS all the way down to 8.8.

Mayfield is rated 40.9 and #9 in the state. Caldwell Co. is rated 33.5 and #20.

You can't hardly blame the scheduling on the coaches though. Christian County is normally a much better team, and was expected to be that this year. Usually much better than Graves Co. Ft Campbell and Trigg would also fall into the category of having "down" years. Yes, you have played McCracken County in their SECOND game ever. I am sure you don't want to see them now. They have greatly improved over the year. Tilghman is not on Caldwell's schedule, but would be a good matchup this year or next. As they were for Mayfield. I would definitely agree that the coaching staff at Mayfield gives them a distinct advantage. I do think the talent level you paotray in Mayfield is a little overrated.

You are right we played McCracken in their 2nd game ever but they were still very very good. We could have lost that game or won it by 2 td's and if we were to play them again I would give them a slight edge.

Our offense is near what it was last year with our defense not up to par but doing a decent job. I know last year we beat CC 48-7 and that's with calling off the dog's in the 3rd quarter. I don't know if Caldwell has improved greatly since last year or they are just holding steady.

Our talent level is this, good to above average players that get good coaching.

You just crossed the line. We do not raid anyone. Go ahead and take all the damn cheap shots you want but once this crop of players graduate from Caldwell the tigers will go back to waiting another 15 or 20 years before they are even talked about or ranked. Please don't come back with "I'm joking or its just in fun" we know its bull :poop:. It is like this every time some unknown school comes out of the wood works and has a good team every 20 or so years.

Don't get all butt hurt this early in the week.

Don't get all butt hurt this early in the week.

This dude on here talking smack.

Lets see the last 3 meeting between Mayfield and Caldwell

2010- Mayfield 49 Caldwell 0

2011- Mayfield 62 Caldwell 14

2012- Mayfield 49 Caldwell 7

That's 159 to 21

Tightly contested games....Dreamkiller....