33 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield at Caldwell County

• Mayfield (9-0)
    • Caldwell County (9-0)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't 17 hours from Somerset to Princeton I'd like to see this game...too far...is there a radio station on-line that will be carrying the game from Mayfield or Caldwell Co.?

Don't mean to threadjack......There is a "good old good one" in NKY just 2 hours and 15 minutes north of you on Saturday at noon......and LaRosa's after the game. :sssh:

Now on this game........Boy would I love to see this one, I look for a game that the winning team scores on the final possession and by no more than 7pts.

My take is that Mayfield has the better line, better running game and a slightly better defense. Caldwell will have the better QB but Mayfield's aint bad. The game is at Caldwell which is a plus for them also. Of course the usual things will effect this game....turnovers and penalty's.

I believe that Caldwell County's offense is better as a whole than Mayfield's offense.

Caldwell County is better:

QB-for sure

RB-at worst a push

WR-Caldwell wins by a mile

OLine-at least a push

As I have said all season, Caldwell County has a "bend, but don't break" defense.

Maybe after my Tigers dispense with the Cardinals they will have earned a little respect.

(as I see it from my cold seat at Tiger Stadium)

I believe that Caldwell County's offense is better as a whole than Mayfield's offense.

QB-for sure

RB-at worst a push

OLine-at least a push

As I have said all season, Caldwell County has a "bend, but don't break" defense.

Maybe after my Tigers dispense with the Cardinals they will have earned a little respect.

Respect? They are ranked #1

My take is that Mayfield has the better line, better running game and a slightly better defense. Caldwell will have the better QB but Mayfield's aint bad. The game is at Caldwell which is a plus for them also. Of course the usual things will effect this game....turnovers and penalty's.

QB-for sure

RB-at worst a push

OLine-at least a push

I have no idea why either of you would think Caldwell has a better qb. They have a better college prospect given his physical tools but head to head its always been Guhy and he completes a higher % of his passes and does so against alot better competition. That said they are both great. The Cards biggest advantage is the line and big game experience. This is nothing new for this bunch and it should be business as usual. Mu biggest worry is will we get everyone back for Friday that got hurt this Friday. Jackson, our best reciever, hurt his knee but returned. Hayden went out and did not return with what appears to be a concussion, that would be a huge blow

Caldwell has looked great to this point running average teams for the most part ragged but we are not a average team and I think that is somthing that all are about to see. Look at the difference in schedules, better yet compare the Lit numbers for all Caldwell's opponents then do the same for Mayfield's. There is a big difference in who Guhy and company are battling each week. That said the Tigers are very capable of taking us down but they will need a monumental effort and I am sure they will try and give one, every team we play gives us their best shot and once in awhile someone gets us so they may and if they do my hat is off to ya as you will join rare company. I think we have lost 4 times in 5 seasons with 2 of those being in 2009 and one of those losses was to Caldwell. I really like my chances Friday. After it is done I hope to see both in BG hoisting a pair of trophies

QB-for sure

RB-at worst a push

OLine-at least a push

You are in a dream.