33 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield at Caldwell County

• Mayfield (9-0)
    • Caldwell County (9-0)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tend to agree that McCracken County is better than any team Caldwell County has played this season, and that Mayfield is the best team on Caldwell's schedule.

However, I think some are discounting Caldwell's offensive prowess and strong kicking game. I don't see an advantage for Mayfield in those areas. A push at best.

I do think Mayfield is the better defensive team. I would note though that a lot of the points Caldwell has given up this year has been with the JV on the field.

Also, Caldwell could be averaging a lot more than 51 points a game this season if it wanted to. The only team I've really seen slow down Caldwell's offense this year is Caldwell. The Tigers will shoot themselves in the foot sometimes with penalties.

As usual, the game will be won up front, IMHO. I think this is a great test for Caldwell, because Mayfield will be as good as anybody the Tigers will see in the 2A playoffs, again IMHO.

I'm already expecting a crowd of about 5,000 on Friday. If it's warm and dry, everybody might not get in!:clap:

I'll be disappointed if this isn't by far the biggest crowd to show up at Tiger Stadium. Caldwell has had a large following all year, Mayfield travels well and I think a lot of people just want to see No. 1 vs. No. 1.

If you're coming to the game, get there early. I'm sure there will be Tiger fans at the stadium tailgating Friday afternoon.

Not sure about that one

Trust me, they are better than us both in my opinion and I am just thankful we got out with a win somehow. I would not want to see them again nor would you guys or anybody this side of BG. Thank goodness they are not in our or your class

You guys are wrecking my plans for pizza. Maybe I shoud stop in Lake City and grap some BBQ if its going to be that full up

This tailgate you speak of, where at stadium do they allow it and what do they allow? can one grill or anything?

Finally, any word on ticket sales being general admission or will they reserve the entire stadium, visitors side and all???

If it wasn't 17 hours from Somerset to Princeton I'd like to see this game...too far...is there a radio station on-line that will be carrying the game from Mayfield or Caldwell Co.?

WYMC Mayfield

Will stream it live and they have a free app for your phone that works great, I use it even when at the game durning halftime for stats

Trust me, they are better than us both in my opinion and I am just thankful we got out with a win somehow. I would not want to see them again nor would you guys or anybody this side of BG. Thank goodness they are not in our or your class

You guys are wrecking my plans for pizza. Maybe I shoud stop in Lake City and grap some BBQ if its going to be that full up

This tailgate you speak of, where at stadium do they allow it and what do they allow? can one grill or anything?

Finally, any word on ticket sales being general admission or will they reserve the entire stadium, visitors side and all???

The only reserved seats are the chairbacks on the Caldwell side. I doubt there will be any advanced ticket sales. Caldwell doesn't usually sell tickets early, but they should probably think about it this week. If they don't, there are going to be some awfully long lines about 6:30. I don't think some people here comprehend how many people are going to be here, especially if the weather doesn't turn south on us.

As far as tailgating, there are lots of places right around the stadium where you could set up shop. There is lots of open space behind the visitors side of the field. I think the Caldwell tailgaters were typically setting up around 5:00 this year over near the fieldhouse but I bet they'll be there earlier this week.

I'm leaning towards Mayfield in this one, but I'm not sure how the Cardinals stop or even slow down Sindelar. Any ideas?

I suspect we'll see both teams in BG! If Tilghman can handle Central, they could be there too! Just hope and pray my Mustangs have a shot! Still have nightmares about LO's 2 OT loss to Boyle in 09!