10 Favorites for Mr. Football

The Scribe

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If career achievement is irrelevant, why limit the award to a Senior? Why not open it up to all classes?

It may well be relevant. It is up to the individual voter to define his/ her criteria for their individual vote. If we're not limited to seniors the debate would be even more interesting. I seem to recall that in Ohio some guy named LeBron something was Mr. basketball three times.

Looking ahead I see some stat builders over the next two weeks for Barker followed by two teams that have low ppg avg. against. Houlliston has a likely stat builder followed by Elder and a Warren Central team that is averaging 7 ppg allowed over their last four games. Houlliston could also end the year against Johnson Central, Boyle Co, & Collins. All of whom have given up 90 or fewer points on the season to date. Though it is more likely that Houlliston enjoys a longer playoff run he will have to do it against some of the states best defenses. If he plays that schedule and continues to put up these crazy numbers he is the man.

I have no doubt he will continue to put up crazy numbers.

So the answer is pretty easy then. The Mr. Football award is for high school achievement right? Why would you vote for a guy based on what he could do in college. I keep hearing this stuff about who will be the better college player and I can't figure out what it has to do with the award for who is the best senior football player in Kentucky high school this year

Those are some Coldhard facts right there. Never spun it that way but you are right on....

It should have absolutely nothing to do with College or beyond. However College politics will say otherwise because how stupid will UK look if they give the keys to the team to the runner-up Mr Football and the Mr Football is out getting a nuclear engineering degree...or better yet leading another football team, this being a team not named UK.

IMO, Barker gets it regardless at this point in time...Just sayin

Lets just say for ships and giggles Louisville offers Houilston tomorrow. How does this change the voting and now lets go another step further and say UK offers him. Does this now make Dbob the leading candidate right now over Barker and Fant?

Lots of colleges bring in two Frosh QB's only to move one to another position.

So the answer is pretty easy then. The Mr. Football award is for high school achievement right? Why would you vote for a guy based on what he could do in college. I keep hearing this stuff about who will be the better college player and I can't figure out what it has to do with the award for who is the best senior football player in Kentucky high school this year

If that is the case, take Elam off the list. He didn't show me "Mr. Football talent" in the game I watched against HHS. I can certainly see college coaches looking at the frame and knowing it could be built on with weights, nutrition and coaching.