Highlands toughest challenge in 4A

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Highlands streak ends this year and Johnson Central gets their first championship. You heard it here first. Now let me have it.

I think JC will eventually have their day. Rockcastle County had a pretty decent run a decade ago that wound up with a blowout of the Birds at home. Unfortunately this all happened in the heyday of Boyle County, another team on a similar vector to the current Highlands team, and the Rockets lost to them in the finals. Rockcastle has since fallen on hard times. Highlands had a rocky few years, but has come back pretty strong, having won a championship or two in the years since.:sarcastic: One might think that JC will eventually figure out how to beat Highlands in similar fashion. I don't think that 2013 is the year, but my Magic 8 Ball got dropped on its head a few weeks ago and just keeps telling me to shut up and put it down, so I can't say that with authority.

I dont think Boyle wants any part of this Highlands Sr class, ask their Sr class

I agree with other that JC will be the biggest challenge for the Birds this yr if they even play one another.

The stars will align perfectly someday when both CovCath and Highlands are not at their best and JC will move one step closer to the State Championship game and then will have to beat the west side winner.

To be in JC shoes and position is the toughest spot of all and perhpas the toughest road to the final in all 6 classes.

Think about this,

Gotta beat CovCath who has been there and done that so they can get ya any given nite...

Ok, got by CovCath and now got to get focused to go beat Highlands who is 96=3 and 6 strait titles and you keep saying to yourself... stay focused, stay focused, stay focused, Iam not getting tired yet, being tired is not an option and boom ya beat the Birds and now what? Go on and win a state championship? Now that would be one great football team imo.

Tough, tough road imo...I think JC had a phenom named JJ that could attest to all of this, WOW:thumb:

Here's hopin Highlands and JC meet again

If not for Highlands being in the way every year I think JC could have had 4 championships in recent years. But aiming at Highlands every year is making us a better program. Ithink JC will give Highlands it's best compitition this year and who knows it just might be the year. And I think HHS has been in a league of it's own for many years.One thing for sure if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and there is no other way.:thumb:

I dont think Boyle wants any part of this Highlands Sr class, ask their Sr class

I agree with other that JC will be the biggest challenge for the Birds this yr if they even play one another.

The stars will align perfectly someday when both CovCath and Highlands are not at their best and JC will move one step closer to the State Championship game and then will have to beat the west side winner.

To be in JC shoes and position is the toughest spot of all and perhpas the toughest road to the final in all 6 classes.

Think about this,

Gotta beat CovCath who has been there and done that so they can get ya any given nite...

Ok, got by CovCath and now got to get focused to go beat Highlands who is 96=3 and 6 strait titles and you keep saying to yourself... stay focused, stay focused, stay focused, Iam not getting tired yet, being tired is not an option and boom ya beat the Birds and now what? Go on and win a state championship? Now that would be one great football team imo.

Tough, tough road imo...I think JC had a phenom named JJ that could attest to all of this, WOW:thumb:

While Boyle's senior class got mollywhopped by Highlands' senior class when they were freshmen the important thing to take away from all of that is that there are very few kids from that Boyle freshman team still playing. I'm not saying Boyle will beat or challenge Highlands as a result. Just saying that a whole lot of kids on the Boyle team that are making a difference this season were 7th and 8th graders when that game was played and they weren't in the game.

Think about this,

I had this same conversation with a friend this past week. JC obviously has a good team this year but their likely path to a state championship for JC this year is as follows:

Harrison County at home

CovCath (presumably then healthy and at full strength) at home

Highlands Away (3 hour trip)

(winner of) Boyle or LexCath Away

Collins at WKU

As I was discussing with my friend (and probably better for its own thread later in the year when the playoff roads are more clear), what Ky team (with legitimate championship aspirations -- e.g., not Harrison County, no offense to them) has a tougher road of multiple games to a state championship in any class this year--where every game after the first round opener is a tough game. So if JC wins it all, there will be no question that they have earned and deserve it.

I had this same conversation with a friend this past week. JC obviously has a good team this year but their likely path to a state championship for JC this year is as follows:

Harrison County at home

CovCath (presumably then healthy and at full strength) at home

Highlands Away (3 hour trip)

(winner of) Boyle or LexCath Away

Collins at WKU

As I was discussing with my friend (and probably better for its own thread later in the year when the playoff roads are more clear), what Ky team (with legitimate championship aspirations -- e.g., not Harrison County, no offense to them) has a tougher road of multiple games to a state championship in any class this year--where every game after the first round opener is a tough game. So if JC wins it all, there will be no question that they have earned and deserve it.

Absolutely. They'd have to pretty much defeat the entire BGP 4A top 5 teams to win state. That's crazy.

I think Highlands streak ends this year and Johnson Central gets their first championship. You heard it here first. Now let me have it.

If Johnson Central can defend the pass effectively, they may have a shot. I doubt that they will be able to do that though, as they have not shown that ability in the past. I believe that Johnson Central should have gone out and scheduled some teams who throw the ball well, so that any weaknesses would be exposed and could be shored up.