Highlands toughest challenge in 4A

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as a casual fan in Kentucky, I'd like to see someone like Johnson Central beat Highlands.

I can respect that. As a Highlands fan, I've noticed that I'm starting to get complacent about the championships. I really don't want that to happen.

Sometomes the way you defend the pass is to get to the qb the way Paducah did who is 1-5. They stayed in the game for 3 qtrs by getting to the qb who is no where near the runner the hhs qb was last year. In fact i think the hhs qb this year is on the neg. Column on running the ball. I think Jc is better than pt who sets at 1-5.

Agree 100%, but highly doubtI JC possess the speed that PT has, sorry, it is what it is.

Heck if JC had speed then maybe the State Championship would run through Johnsonville instead of Ft Thomas...:thumb:

I had this same conversation with a friend this past week. JC obviously has a good team this year but their likely path to a state championship for JC this year is as follows:

Harrison County at home

CovCath (presumably then healthy and at full strength) at home

Highlands Away (3 hour trip)

(winner of) Boyle or LexCath Away

Collins at WKU

As I was discussing with my friend (and probably better for its own thread later in the year when the playoff roads are more clear), what Ky team (with legitimate championship aspirations -- e.g., not Harrison County, no offense to them) has a tougher road of multiple games to a state championship in any class this year--where every game after the first round opener is a tough game. So if JC wins it all, there will be no question that they have earned and deserve it.

At the risk of being a "Clyde quoting Clyde" kind of poster, I realized last night (in conversation with my friend and BGP poster) that another obvious answer to the bolded question is CovCath, which should have the same playoff road as JC above (albeit with a different easy playoff home opener) but first having to start the playoff journey with the long 3 hour bus trip for a road game at Johnsonville :thumb: and then otherwise playing the same road playoff schedule listed above. This is the other big implication of the annual regular season contest between Highlands and CovCath is that the loser of the game in the current class alignment and playoff system typically has to make that long trip to play on the road against a usually formidable JC team in the second round and, if they prevail in that contest, play the rematch on the road as well.