Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying on this one, as I'm a huge fan of all the movies and Coulson in particular. But the first two episodes were to me very boring and very bland. They haven't done a great job of making me care about these characters yet. Very cookie cutter. The super agent that likes to work alone. The super agent that doesn't want to fight anymore because of an incident she won't talk about. The rebel outsider. The techs that don't belong in the field. Cookie cutter.

I'm trying on this one, as I'm a huge fan of all the movies and Coulson in particular. But the first two episodes were to me very boring and very bland. They haven't done a great job of making me care about these characters yet. Very cookie cutter. The super agent that likes to work alone. The super agent that doesn't want to fight anymore because of an incident she won't talk about. The rebel outsider. The techs that don't belong in the field. Cookie cutter.
Before the series started I read that there is a major sub plot that started in week one and may take there are four seasons to complete. I think it has something to do with Coulson and them bringing him back to life.

In week one the Dr and Maria Hill are talking about Coulson and his time in Tahiti. The Dr says "he must never find out"

In week two Coulson says "Tahiti is a magical place"

True, just like Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI and most other long running techno drama's...but all cookies aren't bad. I'm giving AoS a chance this season to capture me and develop the characters. First two episodes just seem to be about introducing us to the cast.

Before the series started I read that there is a major sub plot that started in week one and may take there are four seasons to complete. I think it has something to do with Coulson and them bringing him back to life.

In week one the Dr and Maria Hill are talking about Coulson and his time in Tahiti. The Dr says "he must never find out"

In week two Coulson says "Tahiti is a magical place"

Four seasons to complete it? Ambitious.

True, just like Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI and most other long running techno drama's...but all cookies aren't bad. I'm giving AoS a chance this season to capture me and develop the characters. First two episodes just seem to be about introducing us to the cast.

The only procedural I watch is The Mentalist, which I felt was unique enough from the others. It has characters that interest me. Right now, SHIELD doesn't. I'm not saying I'm dropping it, just that I'm laboring through it. I hate watching shows when it feels like a chore to make it through an episode and right now this one feels that way.

Couldn't agree more. Very boring, not a lot of action and very stale plot lines thus far.