Dusty's last game as a Red?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cool with it being Price just not to lose his pitching insight but am I to believe he will be better at understanding situations than Dusty? He's been with Dusty a while and he probably likes Dusty. Has he been sitting on golden info all along and not given his opinion or will he believe a lot of the same things as Dusty? No matter if you like it or not math and understanding the math can lead to wins and lead to better managing decisions. Dusty hated the real new school math.

As much as I hate Dusty as a manager I will not blame him at all for his guys lack of urgency. I don't care what he says or how he motivates guys. If you can't hustle and show some urgency in a huge series or in a playoff game that is a you problem. Was Dusty supposed to sit BP and Votto? Come on.

As much as I hate Dusty as a manager I will not blame him at all for his guys lack of urgency. I don't care what he says or how he motivates guys. If you can't hustle and show some urgency in a huge series or in a playoff game that is a you problem. Was Dusty supposed to sit BP and Votto? Come on.

Whoa! We agree.

I'm cool with it being Price just not to lose his pitching insight but am I to believe he will be better at understanding situations than Dusty? He's been with Dusty a while and he probably likes Dusty. Has he been sitting on golden info all along and not given his opinion or will he believe a lot of the same things as Dusty? No matter if you like it or not math and understanding the math can lead to wins and lead to better managing decisions. Dusty hated the real new school math.

Pythagoras couldn't have managed this team.

Giants fans couldn't wait to see Dusty go, even after a trip to the World Series and Cubs fans couldn't understand why.

Cubs fans couldn't wait to get rid of Dusty despite being six outs from the franchise's first World Series since 1945 and Reds fans couldn't understand why.

Reds fan can't wait to see Dusty go despite back-to-back trips to the playoffs for the first time since 19?? and (insert next club name here) fans don't understand why.

This quote from Votto last night makes me 100% believe he's still not physically right....

“Offensively, I never really got it going this year,” he said “I thought I did well with what I had. But it just wasn’t my best year this year offensively. And it was by far my worst year defensively. I felt like I made a lot of mistakes. I’ve got to do some learning and do a lot of work in the offseason to try to make the improvement I can to be a better ballplayer, so we can be a better team.”

I said the same thing to dad yesterday. He never seemed right and I caught that sentence. Physically or mentally something isn't right.