Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How much better would the Bengals be...

Featured Replies

I don't really think there is a better option available to them at the time.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They will sign AJ no question in my mind.

 

Are you sure AJ will want to resign here?

For the record at this point in his career Comparison

 

Boomer first 34 games 20-14

 

Palmers first 34 games 20-14

 

Daltons first 34 games 20-14

 

 

So what does this mean, anything? Could Andy be nothing more than an average career QB?

Marvin wanted Kaepernick

 

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considered:

 

a) Did/does Kaepernick fit in with the style of offense Gruden was wanting to run?

 

b) Would Kaepernick have had the same amount of success if he was forced to start from day 1?

 

 

I think Kaepernick is very good, however I also feel he's vastly overrated. Remember, last season was the first time teams had seen him. Let's see how he fares this year before we can make a fair comparison to Dalton or any other QB.

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considred:

 

a) Did/does Kaepernick fit in with the style of offense Gruden was wanting to run?

 

b) Would Kaepernick have had the same amount of success if he was forced to start from day 1?

 

 

I think Kaepernick is very good, however I also feel he's vastly overrated. Remember, last season was the first time teams had seen him. Let's see how he fares this year before we can make a fair comparison to Dalton or any other QB.

Crazy thing about Kaepernick. He has only started like 8 regular season games now I believe.

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considred:

 

a) Did/does Kaepernick fit in with the style of offense Gruden was wanting to run?

 

b) Would Kaepernick have had the same amount of success if he was forced to start from day 1?

 

 

I think Kaepernick is very good, however I also feel he's vastly overrated. Remember, last season was the first time teams had seen him. Let's see how he fares this year before we can make a fair comparison to Dalton or any other QB.

 

I'd tend to agree. I think Kaepernick has far more upside though. It's really not even close probably.

Several talking heads saying this year's Bengals are a rocket-armed QB away from the Super Bowl.

 

They need a much smarter coach too. They would have a much better chance to succeed with Dalton with a better coach or Marvin with a better QB. I don't think they can overcome both in the playoffs. There is no denying Dalton has been terrible in the post season and even terrible for the most part against good opponents in the regular season.

I'd tend to agree. I think Kaepernick has far more upside though. It's really not even close probably.

 

I'd disagree. QBs of Kaepernick's style don't have lasting success in the NFL....Don't know why that is, but it's just the way it's always been.

I'd disagree. QBs of Kaepernick's style don't have lasting success in the NFL....Don't know why that is, but it's just the way it's always been.

 

Looked great in the pocket against GB. All of that is about to change too b/c of the rules and as your boy Bill Polian said last week on radio if all the colleges are playing spread and all the QB's are playing spread the NFL has to play spread eventually.

 

College coaches making the jump the the NFL weren't successful not too long ago either. It's working out ok in SF and Seattle now though. New game new rules.

Looked great in the pocket against GB. All of that is about to change too b/c of the rules and as your boy Bill Polian said last week on radio if all the colleges are playing spread and all the QB's are playing spread the NFL has to play spread eventually.

 

College coaches making the jump the the NFL weren't successful not too long ago either. It's working out ok in SF and Seattle now though. New game new rules.

 

Looked awful against the Seahawks. :idunno:

Looked awful against the Seahawks. :idunno:

 

Looked great in the SB and leading his team there. Dalton on the other hand craps the bed in the playoffs. I'd think every single GM in the league if they could choose one or the other right now to lead their team would take Kaep.

Looked awful against the Seahawks. :idunno:

 

Not many look all that good in Seattle

Looked great in the SB and leading his team there. Dalton on the other hand craps the bed in the playoffs. I'd think every single GM in the league if they could choose one or the other right now to lead their team would take Kaep.

 

Never said I wouldn't right now. At the time of the draft, Dalton was the better pick for what the Bengals were wanting to do. I also think, with Dalton being a prototypical QB, he's got more upside than Kaepernick, who I don't see in the league all that long. :idunno:

...........

 

Maybe my memory is foggy, but are the top 3 QB's from that draft class Cam Newton, Dalton, and Ponder? I'm sure many will disagree (since he can't hit the broad side of the barn), but I'd take Dalton over those three all day.

 

All. Day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.