How much better would the Bengals be...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin wanted Kaepernick

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considered:

a) Did/does Kaepernick fit in with the style of offense Gruden was wanting to run?

b) Would Kaepernick have had the same amount of success if he was forced to start from day 1?

I think Kaepernick is very good, however I also feel he's vastly overrated. Remember, last season was the first time teams had seen him. Let's see how he fares this year before we can make a fair comparison to Dalton or any other QB.

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considred:

a) Did/does Kaepernick fit in with the style of offense Gruden was wanting to run?

b) Would Kaepernick have had the same amount of success if he was forced to start from day 1?

I think Kaepernick is very good, however I also feel he's vastly overrated. Remember, last season was the first time teams had seen him. Let's see how he fares this year before we can make a fair comparison to Dalton or any other QB.

Crazy thing about Kaepernick. He has only started like 8 regular season games now I believe.

This is true, but a couple things that have to be considred:

I'd tend to agree. I think Kaepernick has far more upside though. It's really not even close probably.

Several talking heads saying this year's Bengals are a rocket-armed QB away from the Super Bowl.

They need a much smarter coach too. They would have a much better chance to succeed with Dalton with a better coach or Marvin with a better QB. I don't think they can overcome both in the playoffs. There is no denying Dalton has been terrible in the post season and even terrible for the most part against good opponents in the regular season.

I'd disagree. QBs of Kaepernick's style don't have lasting success in the NFL....Don't know why that is, but it's just the way it's always been.

Looked great in the pocket against GB. All of that is about to change too b/c of the rules and as your boy Bill Polian said last week on radio if all the colleges are playing spread and all the QB's are playing spread the NFL has to play spread eventually.

College coaches making the jump the the NFL weren't successful not too long ago either. It's working out ok in SF and Seattle now though. New game new rules.

Looked great in the pocket against GB. All of that is about to change too b/c of the rules and as your boy Bill Polian said last week on radio if all the colleges are playing spread and all the QB's are playing spread the NFL has to play spread eventually.

College coaches making the jump the the NFL weren't successful not too long ago either. It's working out ok in SF and Seattle now though. New game new rules.

Looked awful against the Seahawks. :idunno:

Looked awful against the Seahawks. :idunno:

Looked great in the SB and leading his team there. Dalton on the other hand craps the bed in the playoffs. I'd think every single GM in the league if they could choose one or the other right now to lead their team would take Kaep.

Looked great in the SB and leading his team there. Dalton on the other hand craps the bed in the playoffs. I'd think every single GM in the league if they could choose one or the other right now to lead their team would take Kaep.

Never said I wouldn't right now. At the time of the draft, Dalton was the better pick for what the Bengals were wanting to do. I also think, with Dalton being a prototypical QB, he's got more upside than Kaepernick, who I don't see in the league all that long. :idunno: