September 20, 201313 yr Dalton may not be a superstar QB but he is the type of QB you can win with. People say game manager, but I think he is a better QB than just a game manager. As a Cowboys fan I would probably give you guys Romo for Dalton straight up. Sometimes you don't need to be flashy or put up big numbers to win a super bowl. I mean the Ravens have won two of them with similar QB's (Dilfer/Flacco). Flacco played like a super elite QB in the playoffs. He wasn't at all a game manager in the post season last year. I could buy into the opinion that Dalton can be about average for a season and get extremely hot in the playoffs except he's been terrible his entire career against good teams. Flacco had previously won huge playoff games including road games and had good games against good teams.
September 21, 201313 yr Flacco played like a super elite QB in the playoffs. He wasn't at all a game manager in the post season last year. I could buy into the opinion that Dalton can be about average for a season and get extremely hot in the playoffs except he's been terrible his entire career against good teams. Flacco had previously won huge playoff games including road games and had good games against good teams. Go back and look again at Flacco's first few years in the league in the playoffs. His teams won games in the playoffs, but he was flat out terrible in most of those wins with numbers similar to Dalton's playoff numbers. The team won despite how bad Flacco played in his early years. So Flacco is the perfect example of how a guy may not always look great, but can get better and eventually put it all together to make a run.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.