Crisis in Egypt

He was perceived to be the President's guy, just look at those pictures ......perception is reality my friend.

Deep down in his heart I don't know what The President believes or even is(Christian, Muslim, Atheist, other), the perception to a lot of other countries and people in this country is that he supports The Muslim Brotherhood.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say this?

I think a lot of Egyptians felt the United States propped up Morsi much the same way the US propped up Mubarak, to keep stability through control of the population. There's a certain degree of accuracy to that. I think it's been picked up on the Right as some kind of confirmation of Obama's alleged secret religious beliefs.

If you quit attempting to pat yourself on the back (you're failing miserably) long enough you would see that you were too busy saying the world was doomed to get anything else out.

Others on here did say it would be a matter of time before this happened. If this did not happen there was a great chance all of them would have been voted out in the next election.

Failing, haha, I have never preached anything but disgust for the brotherhood. And I don't recall saying the world was doomed.

Poor Obama, he created this mess by agging on the Arab Spring.

Even Syria President doesn't like the Brotherhood.

You would think Obama would know which side of Muslims to be for. Wait, he was for the ones who just got ousted, seems like he is as much a failure as the Brotherhood he supports.

He was perceived to be the President's guy, just look at those pictures ......perception is reality my friend.

Deep down in his heart I don't know what The President believes or even is(Christian, Muslim, Atheist, other), the perception to a lot of other countries and people in this country is that he supports The Muslim Brotherhood.

This newspaper makes it clear that the characterization of a 'coup' by the White House is rejected. Look at the top banner - and its in English.

https://twitter.com/jfdulac/status/352739170625658881/photo/1

You mean he's not supporting Morsi unless he is out campaigning for him, "Stumping" as you say.

Morsi was the Muslim Brotherhood Candidate during the election, the same group that the President had to the White House prior to the elections. Is not meeting with only one side of a foreign election at least tacitly supporting that party and their candidate, in this case Morsi?

This is the best information posted so far to document that Morsi was Obama's guy. I would like to know more information and the context of the visit. But if you show me more information like this, then I will be more inclined to agree. Like I said, I am open minded. I want to hear proof for allegations. I don't accept any complaints/allegations by either side at face value because both sides slant their arguments. Back the claim with facts and I am all ears.

Like VOR, I agree with Jumper to a point.

But it doesn't matter what any president of the US did, it was a democratically elected president. We didn't place Morsi there, like we did with other heads of states in the past. So on that I have a hard time saying that Morsi was Obama's guy.

People in Egypt were so ticked at Mubarak that they swung the pendulum to the complete opposite side with Morsi.

Like VOR, I agree with Jumper to a point.

But it doesn't matter what any president of the US did, it was a democratically elected president. We didn't place Morsi there, like we did with other heads of states in the past. So on that I have a hard time saying that Morsi was Obama's guy.

People in Egypt were so ticked at Mubarak that they swung the pendulum to the complete opposite side with Morsi.

I'm asking because I don't know, has the US put other Egyptian leaders in place?

I know the US has supported Egypt since at least the Camp David accords that lead to a truce of sorts between Egypt and Israel.

The law requires the federal government to cut off aid to Egypt following the coup. Will Obama follow the law or choose to ignore it as he has done so many times in the past?

And then he's withholding money from secular authorities because they deposed his friends in the Muslim Brotherhood. These posts for conservative news blogs practically write themselves.