Crisis in Egypt

As I have said many times on here, Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood are in a difficult situation, as they do not know how to run a country and will not be able to help that nations economy, and that people will get angry fast. I also mentioned how the whole scare tactic talks about Morsi and the Brotherhood is nothing but fear tactics, bigotedness and garbage!

The army and protesters have given Morsi until midnight to start serious discussions and solutions to their political crisis. As I have also said many times, the army runs Egypt, not Morsi, not the Brotherhood, and the army is still loved by the people, and the army feels about the same about the people.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said many times on here, Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood are in a difficult situation, as they do not know how to run a country and will not be able to help that nations economy, and that people will get angry fast. I also mentioned how the whole scare tactic talks about Morsi and the Brotherhood is nothing but fear tactics, bigotedness and garbage!

The army and protesters have given Morsi until midnight to start serious discussions and solutions to their political crisis. As I have also said many times, the army runs Egypt, not Morsi, not the Brotherhood, and the army is still loved by the people, and the army feels about the same about the people.

I think these were all points that many of us tried to explain a year ago to some who thought that Egypt was a Brotherhood satellite. The military has always been the weight of power in Egypt and I believe always will be.

Army Ousts Egypt's President

I don't believe it's a good situation when the military is replacing leaders, especially democratically elected leaders. However, Morsi ruled in a manner much more suited for a tyrant than an elected president and can only blame himself for the millions of people who flooded the streets of Egypt this week. If Morsi had three more years to unwind the laws and consolidate his power I'm not sure elections would be worth having again. I hope that this will serve as a lesson to the next election winner and they will govern in a constrained manner and I hope that the military will not intervene again. I also hope that the Egyptians who protested their first election will have learned their lesson.

Democracy is not easy.

Situation not as difficult for them now...it's clear, they are out of a job!

The U.S. did what they should have done, the backed a domocratic election, and attempted to have good relations with whoever won, as Egypt is important to the U.S.. As I amd others have said in the past, Morsi had no clue how to run a government, and leaders of other nations, Obama included, had to call him several times explaining what he should do with some issues, as he had no political experience. Plus throw in it was nation starting from scratch. Just because you win an election, your work is not done. He did a horrible job, most people were very upset, but here were no checks and balances, no way to impeach him.

Good job mountain ref, you called this one about the Brotherhood, hats to to me.

If Egypt can overthrow a President who doesn't do for the people, was elected fair, lied to the people, can we do the same at America and get rid of Obama.

Good job mountain ref, you called this one about the Brotherhood, hats to to me.

If Egypt can overthrow a President who doesn't do for the people, was elected fair, lied to the people, can we do the same at America and get rid of Obama.

The people had their chance last year and the people spoke. Obviously, the majority disagree with you on your views.

If you quit attempting to pat yourself on the back (you're failing miserably) long enough you would see that you were too busy saying the world was doomed to get anything else out.

Others on here did say it would be a matter of time before this happened. If this did not happen there was a great chance all of them would have been voted out in the next election.

Before I reply, I am asking a question about why someone would say Morsi is Obama's guy. I am uninformed on why they say that. When soemone says Morsi is "Obama's guy", I take that to mean that Obama is stumping for him in Egypt, making public statements endorsing him, etc.

Washington Post ?Obama is Morsi?s Main Enabler? | FrontPage Magazine

Read this. It is an opinion piece with nothing in there that tells me he is "Obama's guy".

Opinion: President Obama Supports Egypt?s President-elect Mohammed Morsi « CBS New York

Another opinion piece. However, paragraph one in this link:

President Barack Obama called Mohammed Morsi, Egypt’s president-elect, to congratulate him on winning the historic democratic election. Previously, President Obama did not openly state support of any of the candidates who were running for the country’s top position.

Obama congratulates him on winning the election and he is Obama's guy?

CNN: Egyptians Blame Obama for Morsi Repression - Middle East - News - Israel National News

I read the article. I see Obama as supporting a democratically elected President. I believe Obama would have reacted the same way regardless of who was elected.

Maybe it was stuff like this?

This is a good example of why I take comments by haters with a grain of salt. If there were anything in those links that supported the comment that "Morsi is Obama's guy", I would readily accept it. Haters slanting information toward their hate only diminishes their credibility. I am more than willing to criticize Obama, Democrats, Republicans whoever ... I don't care what party or who you are. I am open minded and call it like I see it.

You mean he's not supporting Morsi unless he is out campaigning for him, "Stumping" as you say.

Morsi was the Muslim Brotherhood Candidate during the election, the same group that the President had to the White House prior to the elections. Is not meeting with only one side of a foreign election at least tacitly supporting that party and their candidate, in this case Morsi?

I could care less..supporters of the President are blinded by, well I don't know by what. And opponents of the President are blinded by, well several things.

I don't think one supporter has ever read a thread and admitted the President was wrong and no one on here that opposes the President has suddenly been convinced that the President was right.

I should have known better then get involved in this...