Ant problem

Luke Warmwater

I'm having trouble getting rid of ants in my house. I can't find the source. The house is always clean and picked up with no food anywhere. I've cleaned and cleaned, used sprays, nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestion besides and exterminator? I called one and he said he couldn't get there for three weeks and it would be roughly $200. I'm losing my mind with these things.

$200 seems a bit steep, but I don't know what the going rate is up in Kentucky, I'm in Florida. I have a pest control company I pay $100 a year to maintain my house, not a national chain, but a family owned outfit. They spray the house twice a year for roaches and other pest, and 3 or 4 times a year for ants. However, I still have problems with those Argentinian ants, so I supplement the pest control by spraying Raid Bug Barrier around the base of the house.

Here is what I have found that gets rid of them, Revenge Liquid Bait Ant Killer. They eat the bait, take it back to their colony and it destroys all of them. It will take a few days, but it has really worked for me. I believe I bought it at Wal-Mart.

They will swarm to the bait, don't bother it, let them eat, they will take it back to the colony, which will get rid of all of them.

On the bottle, it states that it controls both sweet and grease eating ants.

We have lots of sand in our soil and ants love it. We use Terro liquid ant baits and they too will take it back to the colony and kill the rest. They work great! We put the bait on a paper plate because the bait is very sticky. I've heard Raid ant traps work well, but we have not used them.

I use the granular stuff by ortho around the foundation of our house and it does a good job also.

I used something similar when I bought my first house that had an ant problem. There is something in it that they carry back to the hill and it kills them all. If you're looking for a company to use and are in Northern Kentucky I know the guys at Snowball pest control and they will treat you right.

Here is what I have found that gets rid of them, Revenge Liquid Bait Ant Killer. They eat the bait, take it back to their colony and it destroys all of them. It will take a few days, but it has really worked for me. I believe I bought it at Wal-Mart.

They will swarm to the bait, don't bother it, let them eat, they will take it back to the colony, which will get rid of all of them.

After spending several hundred dollars with an exterminator I bought a package of this. I put it out and after two days the ant problem is gone.

After spending several hundred dollars with an exterminator I bought a package of this. I put it out and after two days the ant problem is gone.

My parents swear by the stuff. Exactly like you guys said: two days, no more ants.

We have lots of sand in our soil and ants love it. We use Terro liquid ant baits and they too will take it back to the colony and kill the rest. They work great! We put the bait on a paper plate because the bait is very sticky. I've heard Raid ant traps work well, but we have not used them.

Terro has always worked for me!

I believe it was Meijer's. Really reasonable, it was only 5 or 6 bucks. The box had several bait stations but I only had to put out one. Two days and I haven't seen an ant since.

I used some this spring that I had left from last year.....worked great.