Cincinnati's Baseball Tonight

I was hoping someone saw it. Your comment about the game thread is precisely why I don't like the track the Reds threads in the current format. It's already closed, so if we have any comment on it, it's too late. Maybe need to rethink that one.

The other threads have stayed open forever. I just closed this weeks to get rid of the bad feeling from that series.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What happened, GT?

Well, Joe is in LA so the plan was to have both him and Dusty on the phone at the same time. Unfortunately when we went to merge the calls there was a horrible feedback that made it impossible to do. Dusty was coming on as a favor to Joe, and initially he wasn't too keen on only talking to me, but he did give a few minutes of time to answer a couple questions before going back to his family BBQ. He was ready to hang up when he heard we couldn't have him talk to Joe, but I managed to salvage it while live on the air. It was a mess... :lol2:

Well, Joe is in LA so the plan was to have both him and Dusty on the phone at the same time. Unfortunately when we went to merge the calls there was a horrible feedback that made it impossible to do. Dusty was coming on as a favor to Joe, and initially he wasn't too keen on only talking to me, but he did give a few minutes of time to answer a couple questions before going back to his family BBQ. He was ready to hang up when he heard we couldn't have him talk to Joe, but I managed to salvage it while live on the air. It was a mess... :lol2:

My gracious. Kudos to you for keeping things afloat. I'd have been a mess.

What all did you ask him? Got busy at work and I didn't have a chance to listen.

Only had time for 3 questions after all the chaos. Asked him about feeling like the ship was always taking on water with all the injuries, the impact he has felt with the higher levels of the minor league system being depleted due to the trades and the rivalry with the Cards heading into the series...

Only had time for 3 questions after all the chaos. Asked him about feeling like the ship was always taking on water with all the injuries, the impact he has felt with the higher levels of the minor league system being depleted due to the trades and the rivalry with the Cards heading into the series...

Great questions, Did he give you good answers?

I felt for you, I'm sure that is an interview you will always remember. I had that uncomfortable feeling seat once Dusty let it be known he was there as a favor to Price. You did a great job turning that around though and I wonder if he even knew he was on the air at the time. Don't ever mess with Dusty when A) Family is in town. B) When Dusty is barbequing steaks. C) When Joe isn't around. :thumb:

I felt for you, I'm sure that is an interview you will always remember. I had that uncomfortable feeling seat once Dusty let it be known he was there as a favor to Price. You did a great job turning that around though and I wonder if he even knew he was on the air at the time. Don't ever mess with Dusty when A) Family is in town. B) When Dusty is barbequing steaks. C) When Joe isn't around. :thumb:

I don't think he had any clue he was on the air at the time. He had just finished talking to the producer and didn't yet know of the technical issues keeping him and Joe from talking. I still have no clue how I saved that thing. Once the segment was over I literally just put my head down on the desk took a minute to myself... :lol2:

You handled the situation very well. I have always been a Dusty fan and was surprised by his demeanor.

The station is trying to catch on with a new format. Young broadcaster trying to make his mark in the world. There is a technical snafu. Dusty could have extended a hand in kindness. Instead, he goes all Bobby Knight. You told him several times there is bad feedback when the lines are merged to add Joe Price. When Dusty said "the only reason I came on was to talk to Joe", I almost drove off the road. Dusty was on the verge of bailing when the producer tried to merge the lines one last time. Bad feedback. Dusty starts shouting "there's feedback" "there's feedback"...hey, no kidding. What do you think he has been telling you??

If Dusty hadn't heard the feedback himself, he was gone. What a jerk.

When things got rolling the interview went well. Dusty seemed very defensive.