Update on Nerlens Noel's Injury

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They just reported on KSR that Andy Katz had said that the x-ray came back with no breaks or fractures. Still need to wait on the MRI, but that is what I expected anyway.

It's 12 hours later and they haven't done an MRI yet?

From what I saw last night, breaks and fractures aren't the problem they need to worry about. To me it looked more like ligaments getting blown out.

It's 12 hours later and they haven't done an MRI yet?

From what I saw last night, breaks and fractures aren't the problem they need to worry about. To me it looked more like ligaments getting blown out.

Maybe I should have rephrased that. They haven't released the results of the MRI yet at least, no idea if he's had it or not.

I agree with you. When I saw the injury, ligaments were my first and main concern. I didn't really even think about their beign breaks or fractures. But I guess those are pretty serious if they are in the knee, I don't know.

Kentucky just released the following statement:

Last night’s x-rays on Nerlens Noel were negative. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning. Further updates will be released when they’re available.

I'm not up to snuff on my medical terminology. What's "negative" mean?

I'm not up to snuff on my medical terminology. What's "negative" mean?

Means that the x-rays showed no damage. An x-ray coming back positive would mean that some kind of break or fracture had been found. Look at it like this, did he have any damage (according to the x-ray) ? Negative (meaning no). If he did have a break or fracture the question would be.... was there damage (according to the x-ray) ? Positive (meaning yes).

That probably sounds totally foolish because I'm far from a medical aficionado, but thats just how I always rationalized it in my head.

Kentucky just released the following statement:

Last night’s x-rays on Nerlens Noel were negative. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning. Further updates will be released when they’re available.

I saw the injury when it happened and have been following this a little bit through the day. My understanding with a knee injury of this nature is that the kinds of things that could show up on an MRI were of much more concern heading in than the kinds of things that x-rays would reveal. Is that correct?