Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update on Nerlens Noel's Injury

Featured Replies

I figured this would be better and maybe we could keep the game thread for the game.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

They just reported on KSR that Andy Katz had said that the x-ray came back with no breaks or fractures. Still need to wait on the MRI, but that is what I expected anyway.

They just reported on KSR that Andy Katz had said that the x-ray came back with no breaks or fractures. Still need to wait on the MRI, but that is what I expected anyway.

 

It's 12 hours later and they haven't done an MRI yet?

 

From what I saw last night, breaks and fractures aren't the problem they need to worry about. To me it looked more like ligaments getting blown out.

  • Author
It's 12 hours later and they haven't done an MRI yet?

 

From what I saw last night, breaks and fractures aren't the problem they need to worry about. To me it looked more like ligaments getting blown out.

 

Maybe I should have rephrased that. They haven't released the results of the MRI yet at least, no idea if he's had it or not.

 

I agree with you. When I saw the injury, ligaments were my first and main concern. I didn't really even think about their beign breaks or fractures. But I guess those are pretty serious if they are in the knee, I don't know.

I get sick thinking about this...

Kentucky just released the following statement:

 

Last night’s x-rays on Nerlens Noel were negative. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning. Further updates will be released when they’re available.

Kentucky just released the following statement:

 

Last night’s x-rays on Nerlens Noel were negative. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning. Further updates will be released when they’re available.

 

I'm not up to snuff on my medical terminology. What's "negative" mean?

^ I think, in terms of x-rays, no broken bones.

Yikes...just posted on one of my friend's Twitter account (a Louisville fan):

 

"Looks like Nerlens Noel gave up basketball for Lent."

I'm not up to snuff on my medical terminology. What's "negative" mean?

 

Means that the x-rays showed no damage. An x-ray coming back positive would mean that some kind of break or fracture had been found. Look at it like this, did he have any damage (according to the x-ray) ? Negative (meaning no). If he did have a break or fracture the question would be.... was there damage (according to the x-ray) ? Positive (meaning yes).

 

That probably sounds totally foolish because I'm far from a medical aficionado, but thats just how I always rationalized it in my head.

Yikes...just posted on one of my friend's Twitter account (a Louisville fan):

 

"Looks like Nerlens Noel gave up basketball for Lent."

 

Sounds like a real peach.

I know...that's just plain ugly.

 

I'll never understand the type of fan that so much as gets excited at an injury. Those who can rationalize a comment like that... I have no idea what goes through peoples' heads sometimes.

Kentucky just released the following statement:

 

Last night’s x-rays on Nerlens Noel were negative. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning. Further updates will be released when they’re available.

 

I saw the injury when it happened and have been following this a little bit through the day. My understanding with a knee injury of this nature is that the kinds of things that could show up on an MRI were of much more concern heading in than the kinds of things that x-rays would reveal. Is that correct?

I'll never understand the type of fan that so much as gets excited at an injury. Those who can rationalize a comment like that... I have no idea what goes through peoples' heads sometimes.

 

Agreed. Along those lines, I was very pleased by the Florida crowd's reaction to Noel's injury last night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.