Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update on Nerlens Noel's Injury

Featured Replies

  • Author

@NerlensNoel3: Minor setback for a MAJOR comeback! I love you all and can't thank y'all enough for the prayers.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel awful for Noel. I've had this injury, the surgery, therapy, and I can't imagine what he must be feeling today/last night.

 

Me too, and it only jeopardized my weekend warrior status. I hate seeing it for any player but especially for one who played as hard as he did.

This is very sad but glad to see his tweet and yoou know he will work hard to come back.

If a Mod wants to change the title of this thread to something about him tearing his ACL, that would be great. Thanks!

 

There's a thread on it :p

I'd think he should still leave. If he's a lottery pick, he needs to go.

 

I disagree. $$$$ is a lot different in the top 3 compared to 12-15.

I really feel for the kid, but I'm not worried. If there is one thing Nerlens Noel showed us this season, it's that he has HEART. He'll fight his way back to form and go on to have a long, productive career in the NBA. His attitude will carry him through this. This fan truly appreciates what he gave to the team, the university, and the community. Now, I wish him nothing but the best as he moves forward. BBN will always be behind this one. A true fan favorite.

I feel sick for him. Good thing is he should still be a top 10 pick.

 

I disagree. $$$$ is a lot different in the top 3 compared to 12-15.

 

I agree with you. But how strong will the 2014 draft be?

I agree with you. But how strong will the 2014 draft be?

 

Much better than this year. The bar is set pretty low.

I agree with you. But how strong will the 2014 draft be?

 

I was just playing the hypothetical... sounds like he will be Top 5 this year and definitely be gone. A healthy Noel would be Top 5 next year also.

  • Author
I disagree. $$$$ is a lot different in the top 3 compared to 12-15.

 

That's assuming that he can recover 100% and get back to the exactl player he was before the injury. If he recovers to 90% of the player he was, that might not be a top three pick. It's a game of chance.

Think about this. Usually a top NBA pick goes to a bad team. If this injury drops Noel in the draft, he may get to a team that is a much better team. I could also see a traditional playoff team seizing the opportunity and trading up to get him. Bottom line, Noel may end up with a better team due to the injury. The question is how much flexibility is there in the contract. Can a team back load a rookie contract or is it all slotted? If there is negotiating room, Noel may be able to get his money and be with a better team.

  • Author

I don't remember what game it was but didn't Noel have a little scare and go down for a little bit? I remember he was hobbling around right after for a few trips up and down the court. I woudln't be surprised if he slightly tore it a little in that game and didn't realize it, then had a full tear last night. I feel like that happens and goes undiagnosed.

 

Much better than this year. The bar is set pretty low.

 

What's the difference in pay between 1 and let's say 5? Could he still have the 1 spot next year? I'm not up to date on how much difference there is.

I don't remember what game it was but didn't Noel have a little scare and go down for a little bit? I remember he was hobbling around right after for a few trips up and down the court. I woudln't be surprised if he slightly tore it a little in that game and didn't realize it, then had a full tear last night. I feel like that happens and goes undiagnosed.

 

This could be true. I seem to remember a couple times this year that he "tweaked" the knee.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.