Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update on Nerlens Noel's Injury

Featured Replies

  • Author
A friend of mine works at the OR at UK hospital and overheard surgeons saying it will threaten his career. Don't know how much weight that holds, but interesting to hear.

 

Heck I could have told you that. Any time you have a serious knee injury, it threatens your career. AP's injury last year threatened his career. I don't really feel like that tells us anymore than we all already know.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maggard was saying the same thing this morning....I'd say it's most likely pretty accurate.

 

Looking at the picture I don't see any way something isn't torn. Would be a miracle.

Just received an update from Sportscenter ap said his ACL is torn.

Torn ACL, Out for Season, per UK.

 

2-3 weeks til surgery, out 6-8 months following.

 

Chad Ford just said this will cost him the #1 pick (contradicting what he said earlier).

Nerlens Noel has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, which he suffered in Tuesday night's game against Florida. According to the UK medical staff, surgery should be expected in the next two to three weeks. The normal timetable for recovery is estimated at six to eight months. -- CoachCal.com

  • Author

I feel awful for Nerlens Noel, but this was the news I expected to hear today.

 

Crazy to me that recovery is 6-8 months for him and all these athletes. For the average human its pretty much 9 months at a minimum.

While I'm positive he's going to go pro even with the injury, if I'm Coach Cal, there's no way I'd let him come back. Young man needs to go make his money. Knee injuries tend to reoccur for big men, so hopefully he can make a full, complete recovery.

While I'm positive he's going to go pro even with the injury, if I'm Coach Cal, there's no way I'd let him come back. Young man needs to go make his money. Knee injuries tend to reoccur for big men, so hopefully he can make a full, complete recovery.

While I doubt it will happen, if he is going to fall to mid-late lottery, it is worth considering coming back.

  • Author

If a Mod wants to change the title of this thread to something about him tearing his ACL, that would be great. Thanks!

  • Author
While I doubt it will happen, if he is going to fall to mid-late lottery, it is worth considering coming back.

 

I'd think he should still leave. If he's a lottery pick, he needs to go.

  • Author

I feel awful for Noel. I've had this injury, the surgery, therapy, and I can't imagine what he must be feeling today/last night.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEUK MEDIA RELATIONS

Feb. 13, 2013

 

Nerlens Noel Out for the Season

Freshman suffered torn ACL in game at Florida

 

LEXINGTON, Ky. – – University of Kentucky men’s basketball freshman Nerlens Noel will be out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL injury suffered during Tuesday night’s game at Florida.

 

According to the UK medical staff, surgery should be expected in the next two to three weeks. The normal timetable for recovery is estimated at six to eight months.

 

The 6-10 freshman was leading the nation in blocks (106) and blocks per game (4.4) and ranked second in the Southeastern Conference in rebounding (9.5). He was also averaging 10.5 points per game for the Wildcats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.