Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IS it me or College Basketball weak this season ?

Featured Replies

 

I'll say yes on Kansas, but Michigan doesn't seem scary to me. They seem to me a team that can beat you bad if shots are falling, but also a team that can look pedestrian when they don't hit from the outside. Of course you can also say that about numerous other teams.

 

The only time they have looked pedestrian is when facing an opponent that can control Burke with one guy on the defensive end. Unless they play Ohio State in the tournament stopping that offense is a huge worry...

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only time they have looked pedestrian is when facing an opponent that can control Burke with one guy on the defensive end. Unless they play Ohio State in the tournament stopping that offense is a huge worry...

 

Would you say there are some other teams who could control Burke like Ohio State did? I'm not saying Michigan isn't a good team, or maybe even a really good team. I'm just saying they don't scare me as much as a few other clubs.

 

Would you say there are some other teams who could control Burke like Ohio State did? I'm not saying Michigan isn't a good team, or maybe even a really good team. I'm just saying they don't scare me as much as a few other clubs.

 

With one guy? Very few if any. Once you have to give help that system will eat you alive...

With one guy? Very few if any. Once you have to give help that system will eat you alive...

 

Could Louisville defend the way Ohio State did?

 

Could Louisville defend the way Ohio State did?

 

Without Siva getting in quick foul trouble? I doubt it...

Without Siva getting in quick foul trouble? I doubt it...

 

Well nevermind, because he gets two fouls before the first TV timeout!

  • Author

Again it is just my opinion but I think Michigan and Kansas may be the best 2 teams right now .

I'd say you are selling Michigan and Kansas short...

 

Probably... admittedly haven't seen much of either.

 

Syracuse, Arizona, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Florida round out the Top 10... Ohio St, Creighton, Butler, NC State, San Diego St follow... anyone scared yet? Should make for a VERY entertaining tournament, as always.

 

It is a tough question to answer really, because what is the actual question? Is college basketball down? Talent wise, you would have to say yes. Does that make it less entertaining? To some yes, but to most probably not.

Even last year's UK team I would not put in the "dominating" category. They were great, do not get me wrong, but I never viewed them as all-time great. I guess they were dominating relative to their competition but I always viewed them as a great team in today's watered down college basketball product. When Cal says he wants to go undefeated at 40-0, I believe he knows that if you have the right combination of talent like last season, within today's college game it is more than attainable. If you get a generational player like LeBron I can see it happening.

If they aren't in the dominating category then I'm not sure who would be. The defense was phenomenal and had six different guys who on any given night could go for 20. There wasn't a hole in the team except possibly depth if you are stretching. Your only chance was to hope AD or MKG was in foul trouble.

Again it is just my opinion but I think Michigan and Kansas may be the best 2 teams right now .

 

Louisville for sure in the top two right now, the best IMO.

If they aren't in the dominating category then I'm not sure who would be. The defense was phenomenal and had six different guys who on any given night could go for 20. There wasn't a hole in the team except possibly depth if you are stretching. Your only chance was to hope AD or MKG was in foul trouble.
They are as dominating as team now will be. Imagine that team if the core group were still together even next season. That is the big difference and what I am getting at.
They are as dominating as team now will be. Imagine that team if the core group were still together even next season. That is the big difference and what I am getting at.

True, it is interesting (and impossible) to compare it to the era where the top talent went straight to the pros. Compare them to say the Florida title teams and I think they are every bit as good if not better.

I just think it is funny that college basketball is 'down' or 'weak' this year but Butler went to back to back final fours and VCU made the final four in the last three years. Now it's weak? In 2013? Whatever. It seems the same to me as it has for the last 3-4 years with the exception of last season. Nobody expected Duke or UConn to win it all when they did. One of the least talented Duke teams in Coach K's tenure won it all. Against Butler? But it's weak this year? Whatever.

I just think it is funny that college basketball is 'down' or 'weak' this year but Butler went to back to back final fours and VCU made the final four in the last three years. Now it's weak? In 2013? Whatever. It seems the same to me as it has for the last 3-4 years with the exception of last season. Nobody expected Duke or UConn to win it all when they did. One of the least talented Duke teams in Coach K's tenure won it all. Against Butler? But it's weak this year? Whatever.
I have been saying it has been weak for years. :D Back to the mid-to-late 90s when declaring early became the thing to do.
I just think it is funny that college basketball is 'down' or 'weak' this year but Butler went to back to back final fours and VCU made the final four in the last three years. Now it's weak? In 2013? Whatever. It seems the same to me as it has for the last 3-4 years with the exception of last season. Nobody expected Duke or UConn to win it all when they did. One of the least talented Duke teams in Coach K's tenure won it all. Against Butler? But it's weak this year? Whatever.

 

I thought it was weak the year UConn won, but not the year Duke did. Thought it was really strong last year because a lot of guys returned due to Lockout fears. This year has a lot of parity, just not talented parity IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.