Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IS it me or College Basketball weak this season ?

Featured Replies

To fans of the top teams this year, why is it so offensive to suggest that the talent level is down overall? "Experts" on TV have said such all year but it seems as though you all are taking it as a direct shot at your program? Are you taking it as... "your team is only good because everyone else is bad" ?

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To fans of the top teams this year, why is it so offensive to suggest that the talent level is down overall? "Experts" on TV have said such all year but it seems as though you all are taking it as a direct shot at your program? Are you taking it as... "your team is only good because everyone else is bad" ?

 

No. I just think it is funny how when UK sucks NOW college basketball is weak. Naw, it's been weak for a long time.

 

I have said this for years and I have always said everything about the pro game is better than college. College has been weak for years. Entertaining, but weak.

No. I just think it is funny how when UK sucks NOW college basketball is weak. Naw, it's been weak for a long time.

 

I have said this for years and I have always said everything about the pro game is better than college. College has been weak for years. Entertaining, but weak.

 

I said it before the year started that college basketball was down. You know before UK sucked. Is that better?

 

I said it before the year started that college basketball was down. You know before UK sucked. Is that better?

 

UK sucked then too, we just didn't have any proof yet... :D

UK sucked then too, we just didn't have any proof yet... :D

:thumb:

No. I just think it is funny how when UK sucks NOW college basketball is weak. Naw, it's been weak for a long time.

 

I have said this for years and I have always said everything about the pro game is better than college. College has been weak for years. Entertaining, but weak.

 

I still don't understand how that helps a UK fan feel better :lol:

 

We are bad in a bad year? I'd feel better if I thought the teams we were losing to were good.

I still don't understand how that helps a UK fan feel better :lol:

 

We are bad in a bad year? I'd feel better if I thought the teams we were losing to were good.

It doesn't. If anything it makes me feel worse :lol:

I still don't understand how that helps a UK fan feel better :lol:

 

We are bad in a bad year? I'd feel better if I thought the teams we were losing to were good.

 

I can't say I am trying to make a UK fan feel better. Just saying that I have always thought college basketball to be weaker than when I was a kid. That's all.

 

I can't say I am trying to make a UK fan feel better. Just saying that I have always thought college basketball to be weaker than when I was a kid. That's all.

 

The biggest part of that is TV exposure has given more and more programs a better footing in recruiting. Instead of the top 50 kids spread amongst 20 programs it is now divided between the top 50 to 75 schools. The early entry era has some impact but nothing close to what TV has done to expand the map...

The biggest part of that is TV exposure has given more and more programs a better footing in recruiting. Instead of the top 50 kids spread amongst 20 programs it is now divided between the top 50 to 75 schools. The early entry era has some impact but nothing close to what TV has done to expand the map...

 

Yep. There is a reason Murray State was able to land the #26 SG (on Rivals) in next year's class over FSU and Texas. Exposure. They were the lead story on Sportscenter multiple times last season and on national television as much or more than most BCS schools.

And it is a valid point. Where do you see Russ Smith playing at the next level? Not many teams are looking for 6' shooting guards.

 

Personally, I feel it's an apples to oranges comparison to judge the quality of college basketball on the unknown NBA success of a teams players. College basketball should be judged based upon the performance of the teams on the collegiate level. I don't think (although I in no way am an expert) that this year's crop of teams is "weak". I prefer the fact that there is a parity across the spectrum, rather than one single dominant team. (Of course, that's me with my objective hat on...were UL to be dominating, I'd probably be glad....full disclosure. :D)

If most of the traditional powers are down, is it instantly considered a "down year"???

If most of the traditional powers are down, is it instantly considered a "down year"???

 

Just depends on the definition of down. If it isn't down this year then it simply can't be down. Louisville and Duke scaring anyone anymore?

If most of the traditional powers are down, is it instantly considered a "down year"???

 

Seems like it. Which is unfair IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.