IS it me or College Basketball weak this season ?

Wildcat Dad

No dominate teams in my opinion . Not hating on Louisville but if they are the best team in the NCAA this year as they are ranked now:confused: it is extremely weak in my opinion . Not to mention in my Opinion Michigan gets hosed on rankings this week:idunno: . They lose to a better team on the road than :puke:Duke did and fell to 5th in rankings . Hard to understand rankings sometimes :confused:, again my opinion Michigan is the best team in the country if any one stands out .

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans of unranked team thinks league lacks talent, not entertaining; film at 11.

Some of us have been saying this all year.

Yes, college basketball is down because the talent level is down. It's very competitive & there isn't a dominant team, but the talent level is very crappy.

Experts all over calling this the weakest draft in history...
I think that's an excellent way to segue to a point I want to make: is the draft the best way to evaluate the talent level of a season?

Look at two players on Louisville's roster: Russ Smith and Chane Behanan. Russ is an elite scorer and defender who MIGHT get a look at the next level but that's only because he's garnered so much praise and national attention in the past few weeks. I would still say Smith having his name called by David Stern is a dubious proposition. Chane is the classic tweener forward, valuable in college and borderline in the league.

Neither of these two players are going to blow away any NBA scout, largely due to one attribute that they both lack- elite size. Does that make them less talented? I don't think it makes them less fun to watch, just less dominant. I think that's the difference, because a couple of inches is the only thing separating Russ Smith from being an absolute lock as a top 10 pick this year.