Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IS it me or College Basketball weak this season ?

Featured Replies

Lack of a dominating team(s) should not signal a 'down' year.

 

Funny how folks want Boise State in BCS bowl games and a playoff system to see who the best is but in basketball when the Boise States catch up to the Duke it means college basketball is down.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just depends on the definition of down. If it isn't down this year then it simply can't be down. Louisville and Duke scaring anyone anymore?

 

I've never considered UL "scary". Same squad as last year for the most part, and the flaws are also mostly the same. Duke without Kelly is strong, but far from great.

 

Under the current system this is pretty much a standard season. If that is "down" you might as well get used to it...

If most of the traditional powers are down, is it instantly considered a "down year"???

 

I don't think so, but I do think that makes it less interesting in some aspects. There are games I almost always watch that I probably won't watch (or haven't watched) this year--Duke/UNC, Syracuse/UCONN, even UC/Xavier (I understand X isn't a traditional power, but I always watch that game & didn't this year because the Muskies are awful).

I don't think so, but I do think that makes it less interesting in some aspects. There are games I almost always watch that I probably won't watch (or haven't watched) this year--Duke/UNC, Syracuse/UCONN, even UC/Xavier (I understand X isn't a traditional power, but I always watch that game & didn't this year because the Muskies are awful).

 

What???? You aren't watching Duke/UNC? What? You kidding me? Without Kelly UNC actually has a chance to win now.

What???? You aren't watching Duke/UNC? What? You kidding me? Without Kelly UNC actually has a chance to win now.

 

Carolina is awful. They're not Kentucky awful, but I'm watching them now & they just aren't good.

Carolina is awful. They're not Kentucky awful, but I'm watching them now & they just aren't good.

 

Which makes the Duke/UNC game that much swee...oh forget it...

I like watching star players and future good NBA talent. College basketball is better - from an interest standpoint - when your traditional teams have top level talent. I am sorry but Cody Zeller is not moving the meter for me. I like the parity aspect of it but I think parity is overrated. You need some big bad wolves out there.

You need some big bad wolves out there.

 

Agreed, which is why a lot of us have previously stated how good it is for college basketball to have Indiana as a legitimate contender again. I hate Indiana, but from my own personal standpoint, the sport is more enjoyable when they are good. I was hoping the same would be true for UCLA this year, but it doesn't seem like that will come to fruition like I had hoped.

Lack of a dominating team(s) should not signal a 'down' year.

 

Funny how folks want Boise State in BCS bowl games and a playoff system to see who the best is but in basketball when the Boise States catch up to the Duke it means college basketball is down.

 

But when you can draw this line directly to the "top" teams....

 

Columbia 75 Villanova 57

Villanova 73 Louisville 64

 

Florida Gulf Coast 63 Miami 51

Miami 90 Duke 63

 

It doesn't signify a depth of good teams, it signifies a lack of good teams.

 

I know, I know you can probably go back and play that game in years past. To me, I just don't see a lot of offensive talent out there. The Big 10 is the best conference and you are still seeing games in the 40's among the top teams. I have yet to see an argument for why it is not down, only arguments against people who do think it is down...

Florida gets crushed by Arkansas. Kansas loses to 0-8 in conference TCU (and it wasn't really close)

 

I'm sticking with it is weak this season.

Duke

Florida

IU

Michigan

Kansas

Michigan State

Ohio State

Miami (FL)

Arizona

Gonzaga

Syracuse

Louisville

New Mexico

 

I'd say yes. When that many teams have realistic shots at winning it all, I say it's down.

:madman:

Carolina is awful. They're not Kentucky awful, but I'm watching them now & they just aren't good.

 

Did you really just take a shot at the Cats for no reason?

:madman:

 

Did you really just take a shot at the Cats for no reason?

 

Yes.

Duke

Florida

IU

Michigan

Kansas

Michigan State

Ohio State

Miami (FL)

Arizona

Gonzaga

Syracuse

Louisville

New Mexico

 

I'd say yes. When that many teams have realistic shots at winning it all, I say it's down.

And if that is the list of the best teams a boatload of others are more than capable of cutting down the nets. If VCU and Butler can each make the Final Four as 11 and 8 seeds, respectively, I am not ruling out anything...

Call it what ever you like, weak, strong, smelly, foul, ..., etc.

 

I call it fun.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.