Petraeus testifies

SSC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The General's testimony would seem to vindicate Ms. Rice unless it was her idea to change the talking points.

How so? Maybe I'm missing something, but we have been told that Rice knew absolutely nothing about Benghazi. Unless the President is going to accept responsibility for the changes, doesn't this lay them at her feet?

How so? Maybe I'm missing something, but we have been told that Rice knew absolutely nothing about Benghazi. Unless the President is going to accept responsibility for the changes, doesn't this lay them at her feet?

My thinking is that Ms. Rice has taken a lot of heat . IF Rep King's interpretation is correct Ms Rice's testimony was based on the talking points given to her, correct? She toed the company line and if the talking points were edited then she went off of what was given to her.

My thinking is that Ms. Rice has taken a lot of heat . IF Rep King's interpretation is correct Ms Rice's testimony was based on the talking points given to her, correct? She toed the company line and if the talking points were edited then she went off of what was given to her.

Even if the blame is off of Rice it's clearly a cover up by the President. I fell really bad for those families. Biden asking that father if his son always had balls that big after the administration didn't help them for a full 7 hours+ is purely heartbreaking.

Even if the blame is off of Rice it's clearly a cover up by the President. I fell really bad for those families. Biden asking that father if his son always had balls that big after the administration didn't help them for a full 7 hours+ is purely heartbreaking.

The AP article I read this morning said that the General testified that the testimony was given to not alert the terrorists that they were on to them. That seems a little different than what Rep King said.

The AP article I read this morning said that the General testified that the testimony was given to not alert the terrorists that they were on to them. That seems a little different than what Rep King said.

Has your son always had balls that big?

We will arrest the person responsible for the video and prosecute them.

Which was a worse question to the father of the deceased? No matter what happened the saddest part is what the family was asked and told.

So, we are still on the "they didn't say terrorism" fast enough line? I still don't understand what I'm supposed to be outraged about. Basically my opinion at this point:

Obviously there's a huge temptation to turn any incident that could reflect badly on the opposition's government, such as the killing of an ambassador in a terrorist attack, into some kind of scandal. But this attempt is just absurd. The strategy here has been to shout "Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!" until the public begins to think there's something fishy going on with Benghazi, and then move on to targeting administration figures because...Benghazi! If this actually works, we are all still in kindergarten.

Susan Rice: Benghazi-gate gets even more ludicrous | The Economist

Pretty sure the terrorist know that "we are on to them".... So that is lame.

So, we are still on the "they didn't say terrorism" fast enough line? I still don't understand what I'm supposed to be outraged about. Basically my opinion at this point:

Obviously there's a huge temptation to turn any incident that could reflect badly on the opposition's government, such as the killing of an ambassador in a terrorist attack, into some kind of scandal. But this attempt is just absurd. The strategy here has been to shout "Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!" until the public begins to think there's something fishy going on with Benghazi, and then move on to targeting administration figures because...Benghazi! If this actually works, we are all still in kindergarten.

Sure, let's ignore it, even if the president's "I destroyed Al Qaeda" reelection narrative is the reason the talking points were changed. After all, if that is the case, what harm was done?

So you're comfortable with your government lying to you, probably for political reasons, for two weeks while throwing someone under the bus, and on the world stage? I expect more from my government. Here's a good timeline that makes me angry anyway.

An Incriminating Timeline: The Obama Administration and Libya

I am with Clyde and Habib on this. Some are so wanting Obama to be nailed in a "cover up" or something to bring him down, as the one article hit on, nice kindergarten tactics.

People talking about being against entitlements, but scream at the top of their lungs if they don't get the info they what, when they want it, they think they have the right to know, but they don't! Somethings news to be kept secret, some stuff you may never find out about, ever, it's just part of the intelligence field.

Rice was given the unclassified version, the intelligence agencies decided what was still classified. And it happened for a reason, there were still confusing and conflicting reports on what happened, as well as not wanting to let out yet who may or may not have been involved. Several people were still saying it was due to the film, and when I say several, I'm talking over a dozen separate operatives.

But the fact remains, in today's age of 24 hours cable channels, people think they are entitled to know stuff as it happens, it doesn't work that way. People watched live as we rolled into Iraq about 20 years ago, so we really need to see a war up close and in real time? Remember the scud attacks on Israel? At first they thought it was a good idea to show the scuds live on TV world wide as they were flying over Israel and the watched them hit. But then the reporters were told to stop, as Iraq was sitting back watching these live reports seeing where their scuds landed. Nothing like telling your enemy in real time where their missiles landed and how much they had to adjust.

When events like Bengazi happen, people need to sit back and wait, wait for intelligence to gather the information and sort everything out. Again, you still may not find out, it has nothing to do with transparency, it has to do with national security and classified information.

Frankly, I'm appalled at a couple of you. 4 men, including a United States Ambassador, were MURDERED. Someone from YOUR GOVERNMENT gave a direct Order to "stand down" when the enemy could have been destroyed with an armed drone. The American public wants to know who gave that Order and why, and YOUR PRESIDENT and his administration will not answer the freaking question. And you have the gall to get on here and preach to us that we are blowing this out of proprotion? I call you out, you are cowards. This is not Monica Lewinsky or some sordid political gaffe, a United States Ambassador who carries your flag and makes treaties with other governments on your behalf WAS GUNNED DOWN IN COLD BLOOD IN WHAT LOOKS VERY CLEARLY LIKE IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED, and your administration officials are busy trying the old Potomac Two-Step to get out of it. Your attitude offends me. If you were guests at my table I would ask you to leave.