3 Requests for Help Denied

I'm far from a military expert so I ask.

Are there times when sending in help is not the right move?

Very good question.

But to save American lives in this instance I think we should have tried. That is what we train Spec. Ops. for. I bet they wanted to go in.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all want to protect our citizens. However, I am assuming the military/govt has to look big picture. Is it possible to do more harm (ie more losses) by sending in help without analyzing the situation?

There is always that possibility. Its the chance you take, but as long as I knew my guys were still fighting then I'm going to be fighting to get to them.

You know, I'm done with the Middle East. Bring our boys home, NOW! Quit sending foreign aide. It has become incredibly frustrating. You can't help people who don't want your help.

Plus why go after FREE SPEECH. Are we not allowed to make movies. If anything arrest SOUTH PARK makers, they do worse stuff than this movie. And arrest Jersey Shore makers, it is worse on our society than that film.

"Three days after the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton apparently pledged to the father of one of those killed she would seek justice -- against the maker of an anti-Islam film." Read more: Father of ex-SEAL killed in Libya says Clinton vowed to arrest and prosecute -- the filmmaker | Fox News

I asked YOU! I asked EXACTLY what did the report?

Drones were in the air and showed in real time what was going on. Plus we had lasers on the target and asked for help to blow them up, but no help. I mean the whole article is the report and I am not going to copy the whole thing, read it yourself.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

I understand the denial when two guys wanted to go in on their own but when they are pinned down and are requesting a gun ship I don't see how that puts more Americans at danger.

My guess in that case would be that the government would not want to deal with the aftermath of many lives that would be lost on the ground, justified or not. It's a little bit like that movie "Rules of Engagement". The embassy is under fire...

Drones were in the air and showed in real time what was going on. Plus we had lasers on the target and asked for help to blow them up, but no help. I mean the whole article is the report and I am not going to copy the whole thing, read it yourself.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

Since you can't name EXACTLY what I asked I take it that you don't know EVERY word that was said or wasn't said? Most people don't. Fact is, the information was inadequate, which is most often the problem.

The biggest problem with intelligence today is with all of the technology these days many times it is forgotten that Humint (Human Intelligence) still plays the key role.

Many intelligence failures these days are due less to the fact that "nobody knew" than to the circumstance that "somebody knew but didn't know what it meant".

Since you can't name EXACTLY what I asked I take it that you don't know EVERY word that was said or wasn't said? Most people don't. Fact is, the information was inadequate, which is most often the problem.

The biggest problem with intelligence today is with all of the technology these days many times it is forgotten that Humint (Human Intelligence) still plays the key role.

Many intelligence failures these days are due less to the fact that "nobody knew" than to the circumstance that "somebody knew but didn't know what it meant".

Good grief this is reminding me of the Brady Bunch episode where everyone had to use exact words