3 Requests for Help Denied

You're saying the CIA stopped the investigation? They're the ones that have publicly stated there was no "stand down" order.

CIA is saying they did not stop any actions.

There is this:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/bombshell-us-troops-would-not-have-been-painting-assets-on-ground-unless-their-was-air-support-overhead-but-white-house-called-off-attack/

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

Based on above and other related links. The ex-SEALS were in contact with on-station forces - apparently at least 2 remote drones and possibly a Spectre AC130U gunship (aka "Puff the Magic Dragon").

The ex-SEALS were apparently actively painting targets in anticipation of laser guided air-based ordinance. According the sources they would not have been actively painting had resources not already been on station overhead.

So this seems that it will get interesting.

Anyone notice that Clinton's attorney indicated she did request additional security multiple times in the past and was refused.

Doug Ross @ Journal: CLINTON LAWYER: Obama Rejected Hillary's Request for Additional Benghazi Security

Not all sure what is going here at all. It is sad. But it would appear more than any narrative that is officially out there.

Edited by Bluegrasscard
Phrase fix - requested...not required.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was CiC, VP and Defense secretary actively 'in the loop'?

It would appear 5 p.m. ET (11 PM Benghazi, 2 and half hours into the battle)

From the WH calendar for 9/11/2012

4:50PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

South Lawn

Open Press (Final Gather 4:30PM - North Doors of the Palm Room)

5:00PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet with Secretary of Defense Panetta

Oval Office

Closed Press

It all falls back to our commander in chief and whatever his policy or expectations were for this potential problem. Don't think he wasn't aware of a potential attack on the anniversary of 9-11, so I'm sure the Pentagon was aware of what they were allowed to do and not do.

When was CiC, VP and Defense secretary actively 'in the loop'?

It would appear 5 p.m. ET (11 PM Benghazi, 2 and half hours into the battle)

From the WH calendar for 9/11/2012

4:50PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

South Lawn

Open Press (Final Gather 4:30PM - North Doors of the Palm Room)

5:00PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet with Secretary of Defense Panetta

Oval Office

Closed Press

Just curious but where was the President and when did he actually find out?

Here's what really bothers me about all of this. If the CIA didn’t give the order to stand down, who did? Obama said that he had not been aware of the requests for additional security. "I was not personally aware of any request," the president told radio host Michael Smerconish. "We have an infrastructure set up to manage requests like that but we’re going to find out what happened. Ultimately though any time there is a death of an American overseas I want to find out what happened because my most important job as President is to keep the American people safe."

The ambassador is under siege in Libya and his security detail is requesting assistance. Since one would assume by the presidents comment that someone else took the call, why was it someone other than Obama taking the call? Where was he? Campaigning? Why was the president so uninformed about what was happening in Libya? Is this the same guy that touts his strong foreign policy credentials? Where was the leadership?

The ambassador is under siege in Libya and his security detail is requesting assistance. Since one would assume by the presidents comment that someone else took the call, why was it someone other than Obama taking the call? Where was he? Campaigning? Why was the president so uninformed about what was happening in Libya? Is this the same guy that touts his strong foreign policy credentials? Where was the leadership?

That was not the case. Actually, he was Bethesda hospital meeting with injured soldiers in non-press event or on is way back when the attack started.

That was not the case. Actually, he was Bethesda hospital meeting with injured soldiers in non-press event or on is way back when the attack started.

They have cell phones, I'm sure the President was aware of this when it began and was happening.

OK. Then, why was he so disconnected from the intel? Again, who took the call? Who made the decisions? Why was the president so uninformed about what was happening in Libya? I just feel this was really fumbled by the administration.

I'm sure Obama is very happy the hurricane is about to hit so it can take away some of the news from Libya off the radar.

Who wouldn't want the chance to see billions of dollars of destruction and hundreds of lives lost if it means you can get away from having to answer about Libya.

Who wouldn't want the chance to see billions of dollars of destruction and hundreds of lives lost if it means you can get away from having to answer about Libya.

I'm sure he don't want lives lost but welcomes the distraction from the news the hurricane is bringing.