3 Requests for Help Denied

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who know but when you don't come clean everyone's imaginations run wild. The simplist explaination is that the administration didn't want a terrorist attack this close the election.

True that!

Its a situation that was nothing but negative politically. Even if they had responded aggressively in real time and authorized counter attacks using on station assets and no American deaths happened this would have been a serious political (and probably Muslim relationship) negative. Without a political upside to provide direction it appears they may have froze in their decision making in real time.

But then to blame the video when they knew that was not the cause or trigger...they were just trying spin this away till next week. Regardless of how bad the real time situation was - as we try to tell our children - lying about it makes it worse.

I think it is a political standard. When in doubt, blame intelligence. When right, take full credit. Its how it is, at least that how I see it. I know Bush did his blaming on the intel community.
You and Clyde are correct! As I also stated before, in the past several years with the advancement of technology there was a shift to only use, or mostly use, this type of intelligence, which we found to be the wrong way. You MUST have HumInt (Human Intelligence) and on the ground, and ones which gives you accurate information, as well as grading the HumInt correctly.