Pat Towles Will Redshirt

Clyde

Rich Brooks was hired in 2003, Mitch Barnhart became the AD in 2002.

Simple facts...

Barnhart isn't going anywhere unless it's his decision to move on...

My mistake on the yr. Of hire...big time $ loss rest of yr at Commonwealth (simple fact) & I think it may cost Barnhart his job. JMO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Smith playing as he is (WKU notwithstanding), PT may not start until Smith exhausts his eligibility---which would be two seasons after this one. The next season afterwards, PT would be a junior in eligibility. and would have essentially "sat" for three years. Does he want to wait that long? Can he beat out Smith next year or the year after?

With Smith playing as he is (WKU notwithstanding), PT may not start until Smith exhausts his eligibility---which would be two seasons after this one. The next season afterwards, PT would be a junior in eligibility. and would have essentially "sat" for three years. Does he want to wait that long? Can he beat out Smith next year or the year after?

No way that happens. Let's see what you're saying about Smith's play in about 7 or 8 weeks.

Brooks was hired b4 he was AD! Cal hire his only savior...Oh it's warm when seat in Commonwealth are empty = $ loss at UK. Trust me that is all the school cares abt. We shall see...

Every program at UK has gotten better since Barnhardt has been there. Every single one. Baseball team, softball team, womens soccer, volleyball, etc. Would be foolish to get rid of Mitch, he has done a great job.

Every program at UK has gotten better since Barnhardt has been there. Every single one. Baseball team, softball team, womens soccer, volleyball, etc. Would be foolish to get rid of Mitch, he has done a great job.

Save football, I agree. Mitch has done a great job. He's definitely got some big decisions to make very soon though.

Will Joker be his coach when he finally sees the field? Doubtful. Wonder if it was........redshirt me or I'm out? Love to know how these decisions are made. Is it the player requesting or the coaches demanding?

I know that Patrick was specifically told that he would not redshirt prior to the season.

In all honesty, it makes more sense to redshirt him since Smith has looked serviceable. No reason to throw him to the wolves yet. Let him develop & have a good career in Lexington.

I know that Patrick was specifically told that he would not redshirt prior to the season.

In all honesty, it makes more sense to redshirt him since Smith has looked serviceable. No reason to throw him to the wolves yet. Let him develop & have a good career in Lexington.

We are talking about football and not basketball, right? In all seriousness, I can't see PT attaining his goal of playing on Sunday's while "developing" at UK (if that is his goal). Wish him the best.

We are talking about football and not basketball, right? In all seriousness, I can't see PT attaining his goal of playing on Sunday's while "developing" at UK (if that is his goal). Wish him the best.

With present situation in Lex, I tend to agree.

Pat will stay in Lexington because he is a man of his word. He didn't choose Joker, he chose UK. The next regime will open the QB competition and Pat may prevail. I positively know he will be working diligently (as he is now) to attain the starting role. I still believe Pat will have an excellent career at UK, graduate from there, and one day be Guvnah Towles from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.