Highlands, Cov. Cath, Holmes, Pendleton County and Harrison County 4A District

Oldbird

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, Cov Cath ended up a little closer to 520 with students who didn't enroll until late July/August.

current enrollment is 535.

the last 2 freshman classes have been 135 and 150 kids.

I have been told that they expect enrollment to be 550 within 2 years which would move us into 5A

I have been told that they expect enrollment to be 550 within 2 years which would move us into 5A

Wow...so we'd be out of Highlands' district? That's an interesting thought. Have Cov Cath and Highlands ever not been in the same district?

Which would allow the possibility that CovCath and Highlands could both win state titles in the same year... wouldn't that make the rest of the state mad...

This year CovCath freshmen class as has been posted, is one of the largest in 20 some odd years and I have been told that the 8th grade feeder schools classes are full of boys more so than girls next year.

I've never known of a team to do that. Sounds like it could be a very productive way to boost yourself up as a "starter program".

There have been a handful of teams do this over the years to boost the program. Rowan County did it several years back.

Given Coth Cath's seemingly inevitable move to 5A, I wonder if they'll revisit moving state game closer to us like Lexington in order to draw more fans? That would give NKY a solid team with a chance to "get to" the state game in all 6 divisions. That's a lot of revenue you could generate having it closer. Not that Western is bad, but for the majority of teams that make it to state year in and year out, it's not a very central location. There are many that see the drive as just too far now that it's left Louisville. I don't mind it because I would drive to Canton if you told me the birds were playing there.

Given Coth Cath's seemingly inevitable move to 5A, I wonder if they'll revisit moving state game closer to us like Lexington in order to draw more fans? That would give NKY a solid team with a chance to "get to" the state game in all 6 divisions. That's a lot of revenue you could generate having it closer. Not that Western is bad, but for the majority of teams that make it to state year in and year out, it's not a very central location. There are many that see the drive as just too far now that it's left Louisville. I don't mind it because I would drive to Canton if you told me the birds were playing there.

Until Commonwealth gets field turf, I don't see it being able to happen.