Highlands, Cov. Cath, Holmes, Pendleton County and Harrison County 4A District

Oldbird

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pendleton Cty has 21 players. They can't even run a full offense vs defense in practice. I was told today they would withdraw from the district and be an "Independent" next season.

We should applaud those 21 for sticking it out. Can't be easy.

I believe that CovCath is in the upper end of students and highlands in the lower end in 4A

So I do not think is possible for Highlands to move up to 5A into a district with Conner & Cooper, if KHSAA holds it no move up rule.

I believe that CovCath is in the upper end of students and highlands in the lower end in 4A

So I do not think is possible for Highlands to move up to 5A into a district with Conner & Cooper, if KHSAA holds it no move up rule.

Not sure of the rankings within 4A. The last report has CCH with 499 boys and HHS with 441 boys.

Even with Pendleton County dropping, there would be 4 teams left in the current district. I don't think you would see any change in the district. It would just be another open date on the schedule for those other 4A teams to fill.

Here's your winner. In all likelyhood it will make the district one team smaller and change absolutely nothing else. Certainly not going to cause multiple teams to change classes.

In the current alignment the largest 32 schools and smallest 32 are placed in A and 6A respectively. IF a school in one of those classes would drop to independent status, then a team would move in to fill the void.

I think it means you're not part of the KHSAA. You play other non-state teams.

Actually, it simply means that you choose not to compete for a state championship in that sport. You are still sanctioned by the KHSAA, and are still allowed to play other KHSAA participating schools. (otherwise how would Pendleton ever fill a schedule)?

Pendleton will still be a KHSAA member, and it won't affect any other sport's ability to play for state championships. Usually, this is a move made by fledgling programs as they start fielding high school teams for the first time (Pendleton was independent once before). I can't recall a school withdrawing from state championship participation once entering the fray. But, it's probably happened.

Here's your winner. In all likelyhood it will make the district one team smaller and change absolutely nothing else. Certainly not going to cause multiple teams to change classes.

In the current alignment the largest 32 schools and smallest 32 are placed in A and 6A respectively. IF a school in one of those classes would drop to independent status, then a team would move in to fill the void.

Actually, it simply means that you choose not to compete for a state championship in that sport. You are still sanctioned by the KHSAA, and are still allowed to play other KHSAA participating schools. (otherwise how would Pendleton ever fill a schedule)?

Pendleton will still be a KHSAA member, and it won't affect any other sport's ability to play for state championships. Usually, this is a move made by fledgling programs as they start fielding high school teams for the first time (Pendleton was independent once before). I can't recall a school withdrawing from state championship participation once entering the fray. But, it's probably happened.

Bingo! Because Pendleton County will not compete for a state championship in football, they will not be in a district and accordingly will not be forced to play any district opponents. They are still in the KHSAA and the decision concerning football will not affect any other sports at Pendleton County as it relates to the KHSAA or competing for state championships.

Bingo! Because Pendleton County will not compete for a state championship in football, they will not be in a district and accordingly will not be forced to play any district opponents. They are still in the KHSAA and the decision concerning football will not affect any other sports at Pendleton County as it relates to the KHSAA or competing for state championships.

I've never known of a team to do that. Sounds like it could be a very productive way to boost yourself up as a "starter program".

Not sure of the rankings within 4A. The last report has CCH with 499 boys and HHS with 441 boys.

per KHSAA site.

Highlands is the smallest 4A school 420 boys ranked 110

CovCath is the eighth largest with 505 boys ranked 78