Blake Bir Sets CCH Career Passing Record

Clyde

Worthy of its own thread as CCH SR Blake Bir threw for 6 TDs today which gives him 59 career TD passes. He was tied with Adam McCormick coming into today.

Barring injury Blake is going to put this record so far out it might be impossible to break.

Congrats to him. Good kid. Deadly accurate. Highly intelligent.

This is no small accomplishment at a school like CovCath. Big congrats to the Bir kid.

McCormick was really good. No doubt in my mind that had he played in this day of social media, elite camps, more hype on recruiting, et al. he would have been an even bigger name. Bir's passing a big time player's numbers by passing him.

As a sidenote, everyone in NKY seems to remember the 1997 Mud Bowl. CovCath upset Highlands in the game, to "steal" a state title away from the Birds. I think Highlands was the better team that season, but in the conditions the game was played CovCath turned out to be the better team that night.

Pretty much the same thing happened to McCormick his senior season. CovCath was the better team, but Highlands came to Park Hills and won the playoff game in very wet conditions. The Birds did a great job controlling the ball and keeping it out of McCormick's hands, and CovCath's offense struggled in the weather.

In short, the MudBowl games wash each other out, IMO. The 92 CovCath team was one of the best I've ever seen not to win a state title. As was the 97 Highlands team.

Enough history though, congrats to Bir.

Wonder if they'll put him on the cover of state championships program like they did McCormick that year we beat them in '92. I was on that team and he deserved that recognition but it was almost like the Madden curse. If they approach Bir asking to put his pic on the program I'd say no. Congrats young man, what an accomplishment. Not to take anything away from McCormicks numbers but he did have Jude Hoffman, who held numerous rushing records for CCH (till Mr. Madden came along) on his team which took away from his opportunity for more passing TD's in '92.

First of all, congrats to Bir. He is going to walk out of CCH with a record that likely will never be broken. The way this year's offense for CCH is looking, he should have a huge year.

On the recruiting side, did Bir hit the summer circuit at all? I am not knocking Ivy League - what a great education. But from the football side, it seems like Bir should be getting looks from MAC schools at least, and perhaps a couple FBS schools. If Ivy League credentials are on his transcript, what about a Northwestern or Duke?

First of all, congrats to Bir. He is going to walk out of CCH with a record that likely will never be broken. The way this year's offense for CCH is looking, he should have a huge year.

On the recruiting side, did Bir hit the summer circuit at all? I am not knocking Ivy League - what a great education. But from the football side, it seems like Bir should be getting looks from MAC schools at least, and perhaps a couple FBS schools. If Ivy League credentials are on his transcript, what about a Northwestern or Duke?

I'm pretty sure he's hit camps the last two years. He has taken an unofficial visit to Northwestern. Not sure where else.

Strong student which will give him some nice options for way down the road.

Let's not judge his success simply off of offers.

I'm pretty sure he's hit camps the last two years. He has taken an unofficial visit to Northwestern. Not sure where else.

Strong student which will give him some nice options for way down the road.

Let's not judge his success simply off of offers.

Agreed. Absolutely not judging his success by offers. I am just thinking his success and talent should lead to some nice offers.