New LeBron James Shoe Costs $315?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a problem with this? I'm shocked.

It's nothing personal against LeBron, MJ or Nike in this case. I simply abhor greed, and this is bald-faced greed at its ugliest.

I do have other issues with Nike (use of slave labor) and MJ (just being a general, all-around jerk).

It's nothing personal against LeBron, MJ or Nike in this case. I simply abhor greed, and this is bald-faced greed at its ugliest.

I do have other issues with Nike (use of slave labor) and MJ (just being a general, all-around jerk).

IMO, this isn't greed. Greed is when you take advantage of people for necessities. This is capitolism and the ultimate case study for how vain and stupid the American consumer is.

Do you feel the same way about Coach Bags, Oakley, Under Armour, Lexus...etc? Either way, no one has to have any of those things.

I don't recall $65 Jordans either, but the first Jordans weren't the hit right off of the bat that the ones a few years later were. So those first ones may have been that cheap, everyone I knew was all about the Air Force Ones. They ran around $80-90 in 85, everyone had Blue ones but a buddy and I convinced a local sporting goods store to special order us some AF1s with Red swoop. They had to order them as a fill in order for a local HS Team as only Blue was available in Kentucky at the time. Jordans and Dunks were UGLY BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't recall $65 Jordans either, but the first Jordans weren't the hit right off of the bat that the ones a few years later were. So those first ones may have been that cheap, everyone I knew was all about the Air Force Ones. They ran around $80-90 in 85, everyone had Blue ones but a buddy and I convinced a local sporting goods store to special order us some AF1s with Red swoop. They had to order them as a fill in order for a local HS Team as only Blue was available in Kentucky at the time. Jordans and Dunks were UGLY BTW.

I remember those. Not only were they atrocious-looking, they fell apart in very short order. Heaven forbid Nike would use some of the astronomical cost of their shoes toward actually making them well and durable, rather than just funding the ad budget.

Nike claims reports of $300 LeBron X shoe price are 'inaccurate' - ESPN

Let me start off by saying this isn't knock on Lebron in anyway.

How freaking absurd is $315 for a pair of basketball shoes? I'll spend $100 on a pair of shoes but that is where I draw the line. Nike said that report isn't accurate it will be closer to $290. :lol:

My son has gone and camped out 25-30 times for these limited realease type shoes. I think he has managed to get 14 pairs of shoes. He sold all but two of them on ebay. The cheapest pair went for $485. The most expensive pair went for $1150.

Some people are nuts.

I've seen them go for as much as $3200. Unfortunately he wasn't able to get a pair of those.

• 4 weeks later...

Nike officially introduces LeBron James' latest signature sneaker, LeBron X - CBSSports.com

At the time, Nike called that "inaccurate." Indeed, the Nike Plus model of the shoe is selling for $270. The base model will cost $180. Both are high points for sneakers that James endorses.

One would assume Nike felt the backlash of the $315 price tag and scaled it back.