New LeBron James Shoe Costs $315?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nike signed Jordan to a 5-year contract worth $2.5 million. The first Air Jordans, released in 1985 with a price tag of $64.99, immediately stirred controversy. Their red and black design colors clashed with the NBA's uniform color scheme; up until that point, almost all basketball shoes were white. The NBA fined Jordan up to $5,000 a game for wearing the shoes, but Nike paid each fine because it knew that with more controversy, the more publicity they'd receive.

Read more: Jordan Basketball Shoes History | eHow.com Jordan Basketball Shoes History | eHow.com

Who cares? Don't buy them. Nothing bad will happen to kids if they can't wear the shoe that bares the name of their hero. If people are stupid enough to buy them, then Nike is smart enough to sell them for that much. I never have, and probably never will, own a pair of Jordan's. I have had ZERO meetings with a psychologist to discuss this horrible part of my childhood.

Who cares? Don't buy them. Nothing bad will happen to kids if they can't wear the shoe that bares the name of their hero. If people are stupid enough to buy them, then Nike is smart enough to sell them for that much. I never have, and probably never will, own a pair of Jordan's. I have had ZERO meetings with a psychologist to discuss this horrible part of my childhood.

Glad to hear it, my group session is later tonight. Scarred me for life.

I'd love to know the profit margin on these. They probably cost about $2 to make.

LeBron, like MJ, had a chance to do something worthwhile and redeemable with these, but instead he'd rather sit back and watch inner-city kids kill each other over these shoes, counting the cash all the while.

I don't really see a problem with this. I would never spend that much on a pair of shoes, but there are people willing to pay that for the status alone. Not everyone needs to own a pair of these and that's kind of the point. Nike shouldn't have to cater their prices so that everyone can afford every shoe they make. It's one way to keep the perception of Nike's brand appeal high. Good marketing IMO.

I'd love to know the profit margin on these. They probably cost about $2 to make.

LeBron, like MJ, had a chance to do something worthwhile and redeemable with these, but instead he'd rather sit back and watch inner-city kids kill each other over these shoes, counting the cash all the while.

You have a problem with this? I'm shocked.

Jordans now are anywhere from 100-250 dollars. Jordan sandals are around 50 dollars.

No way were Jordans 65 dollars. I don't recall anyone ever paying less for a pair a Jordans including the first pair ever released. Only the privileged word Jordans. I got a pair of Air Forces for 80 bucks.

Doyel is confused. A 14 year old Lebron wouldn't have to buy a pair of 315 dollar Lebrons. His AAU team would pay for it. Duh.....