Beechwood 7 Notre Dame 5

SSC

SSC, I totally agree with you on that NDA is not at the point to look past oppenents. Usually that bites about any team in the butt. I heard a bunch of our girls talking about run ruling them and ending the game early, well their butts hurt today from that big bite.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BW lead through out the game, NDA came back and tied it a couple times but BW was in control from start to finish.

I tend to think NDA is the better team bc of pitching but this was Beechwood's day. If NDA took BW lighly shame on them, this was the district finals. NDA is much improved but are no near the point they can look past teams

I agree ! If they did they got what they deserved then. You have to come ready to play every night regardless of your opponent ! Sounds like BW improved alot during the season and ND peaked half way through thru the season and kinda just stayed there . No punt intented towards ND but it seems like they were playing pretty well the last 16 or so games .

So who can NDA draw?

Winner of 33rd - neither are good options

Winner of 34th - St Henry/Dixie - neither good options

Winner of 36th - NCC and who?

NCC won the 36th-so the Panda's could play them in the first round of the region. Newport is the other entrant from District 36.

Don't give up on the Panda's so quick...

True, the rest of the story is .... as noted above, the second time they played just a couple weeks ago, I believe the score was 2-0 in the 5th or 6th inning. Then Beechwood had one of those bad innings that their coach referred to in the newspaper article and gave up 7 to NDA in the last inning. So NDA should not have been totally shocked that Beechwood could give them a battle.

NewCath beat BW earlier in the season 17-0 in 4innings, then in the season finale last friday it took the Breds 10 innings an a walk-off GS to beat them. BW playing with some confidence.

NewCath beat BW earlier in the season 17-0 in 4innings, then in the season finale last friday it took the Breds 10 innings an a walk-off GS to beat them. BW playing with some confidence.

And this is why I love the end of the season! You usually see the best softball played.

NCC won the 36th-so the Panda's could play them in the first round of the region. Newport is the other entrant from District 36.

Don't give up on the Panda's so quick...

Not giving up on them.

Rooting for Bridget Stewart.

You look at that game and at the District title win and it helps make a strong case for Beechwood's Hinck to win Coach of the Year.

Well, I just found out a friend of mine was the umpire. Before I describe the play I will tell you no one takes umpiring any more seriously than he does. My son plays baseball and he is an umpire for softball and baseball so we discuss strange plays all the time that we see and he quizzes me daily at work as he is trying to get me to go umpire with him. He is always looking at the rule book but as you know there are some differences in rules for baseball and softball and for school and summer so there is no way a non-professional can keep up with every little rule but I think he is one of the best at knowing the rules. Now to the play in question.

The young lady was warned earlier in the game. I asked about the 2nd at bat that was being questioned on here and he didn't rule that as being thrown. On the play in question, it clearly was. His first thought was the correct decision and that was the substitute runner, no out, and she should be restricted to the bench. He just did a youth baseball game last weekend where the rule he had was an ejection and an out so a similar play was fresh in his mind. Before he made the call he started to question himself so he asked the other two umpires. One was the TRAINER for softball officials but they both said what was called on the field.

He informed the coach of the out and reason and the coach said something as to "I've tried all year to try and get her not to throw it", so he was ok with the call I assume. He kept thinking to himself as play resumed that he is not sure that was right so he looked up the play right after the game and realized he blew it. He is not filling out the ejection form, or whatever, to the KHSAA so she wil be allowed to play.

He was actually talked into doing district because he was rated high by coaches but he normally avoids postseason play. I told him to trust HIS call as he prepares probably more or as much as any umpire around here. He apologizes for his error. Hope this clears some things up.

If the rule is you throw the bat you are restricted to the bench, then he blew the call on the girls second at bat. She CLEARLY threw it and he knew it bc he stopped the game to give NDA's coach a warning. NDA benifited greatly from this blown call bc the young lady hit a homer her next ab. I agree hard to know all the rules but when you have 3 umps someone should know. Either way I am glad she gets to play in their next game

If the rule is you throw the bat you are restricted to the bench, then he blew the call on the girls second at bat. She CLEARLY threw it and he knew it bc he stopped the game to give NDA's coach a warning. NDA benifited greatly from this blown call bc the young lady hit a homer her next ab. I agree hard to know all the rules but when you have 3 umps someone should know. Either way I am glad she gets to play in their next game

You're not restricted when you throw it. You're restricted AFTER you get a your warning and then you throw it again. So she still would have hit her HR.

Well, I just found out a friend of mine was the umpire. Before I describe the play I will tell you no one takes umpiring any more seriously than he does. My son plays baseball and he is an umpire for softball and baseball so we discuss strange plays all the time that we see and he quizzes me daily at work as he is trying to get me to go umpire with him. He is always looking at the rule book but as you know there are some differences in rules for baseball and softball and for school and summer so there is no way a non-professional can keep up with every little rule but I think he is one of the best at knowing the rules. Now to the play in question.

The young lady was warned earlier in the game. I asked about the 2nd at bat that was being questioned on here and he didn't rule that as being thrown. On the play in question, it clearly was. His first thought was the correct decision and that was the substitute runner, no out, and she should be restricted to the bench. He just did a youth baseball game last weekend where the rule he had was an ejection and an out so a similar play was fresh in his mind. Before he made the call he started to question himself so he asked the other two umpires. One was the TRAINER for softball officials but they both said what was called on the field.

He informed the coach of the out and reason and the coach said something as to "I've tried all year to try and get her not to throw it", so he was ok with the call I assume. He kept thinking to himself as play resumed that he is not sure that was right so he looked up the play right after the game and realized he blew it. He is not filling out the ejection form, or whatever, to the KHSAA so she wil be allowed to play.

He was actually talked into doing district because he was rated high by coaches but he normally avoids postseason play. I told him to trust HIS call as he prepares probably more or as much as any umpire around here. He apologizes for his error. Hope this clears some things up.

He made a mistake. It happens. You just hope it doesn't impact a game or the next game. Glad he checked into it and realized that she should not be ejected. I am a little surprised all 3 got together and still came up with that. Now they know, I guess.

You're not restricted when you throw it. You're restricted AFTER you get a your warning and then you throw it again. So she still would have hit her HR.

Ok. She did clearly throw it when she hit the homer and she had been warned her previous ab. Would the homer still counted? (The didn't call anything but should have). Seeing nothing was called on her homer I would think her hit in the 7th should have been aloud.

I could be wrong about this but I don't really remeber the umps coming together to discuss this and their seemed to be very little argument from NDA